Nedved and Trezeguet to renew (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Nedved committed to Juve
Football Italia

Pavel Nedved wants to end his career at Juventus despite reported interest from Premiership giants Chelsea.

Speculation last week suggested that the Czech international was contacted over the summer but he claims that is not the case.

"I’ve never received any offer from Mr Abramovich," insisted the midfielder who was in sparkling form against Real Sociedad last night.

"I have also never spoken to any representatives of Chelsea. But even if I had then I would have said that I wasn’t interested.:touched::touched::touched:

"I intend to respect the contract that I signed with Juventus and, if it is possible, I want to end my career here." :touched::touched::touched:

The former Lazio star, who is contracted to the Delle Alpi outfit until 2006, has become a real crowd favourite in Turin since the departure of Zinedine Zidane.

A leading contender for the 2003 Golden Ball, it is believed that Chelsea are interested in making a bid for him at the end of the season.

However, sources in Turin claim that the Bianconeri are thinking about offering the midfielder a contract extension until 2008.

"I don’t think I’ll extend my deal because I intend to quit in 2006," added Nedved. "However, there won’t be a problem because Juventus will win without me anyway." :touched::touched::touched:

------------------------------------

I'm not posting this because it's new stuff or anything, but I just love everything Nedved says!

He's got it all: passion, commitment, humility :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
well this is what i read. i am confirmly confused :

10/22/2003. Juventus playmaker Pavel Nedved is set to disappoint the club's general manager Luciano Moggi after he stated that he has no intention to remain at the Stadio Delle Alpi until 2008.

"I know that an extension of my contract until 2008 is spoken about," he said. "I don't think I'll extend my deal because I intend to quit in 2006."

Nedved, who has made it clear in the past that he would like to finish his career back in his homeland, added that he has had no contact from Chelsea.

[www.soccerage.com]

-----

i know soccerage has some bull stories sometimes, but some of their stories did come true.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Ahhh I see what's happened here. The second paragraph is what Nedved actually said, but they interpreted that as a disappointment. Nedved intends to retire before 2008, so the only disappointment is that he'll play 2 years less than we'd like him to. It doesn't mean he's gonna go to another club or something.

So he'll finish his career with Juve, but he won't play as long as Moggi expected ;)

The bottom line is, they're not conflicting articles :)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I i find more than perfect that.

IM very sure that nedved in 2008 will be nowhere near the same nedved that we knows.

2006 is very good for both, the club and him.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, it's like what Seinfeld did. Even though he probably could have made 2 more good seasons, he decided to stop while it was good, and just be remembered as legendary, instead of making 2 seasons that were mediocre.

Smart move by Nedved, even though he'll probably be better and fitter than most players at that age :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
NEDVED WON'T QUIT

Footballitalia
Nedved won’t quit - agent
Thursday 23 October, 2003

Pavel Nedved is unlikely to retire from football in 2006 according to his agent Mino Raiola.

"I don’t believe him for an instant," he stated. "A player like Nedved isn’t able to just hang up his boots. <-- so true :strong:

"He’ll keep playing until he dies. :touched: Even if we will all have to respect whatever decision Pavel will make."

The Czech ace stated earlier this week that he intended to retire from football once his current deal at Juventus expired in three years time.

"I’ve heard reports that my contract could be extended until 2008 but I don’t think it will happen," Nedved said after the Real Sociedad game.

"I’m absolutely convinced that I will step away from the football world in 2006."

Nedved made the statement after he was asked whether there was any truth in the rumour that Chelsea were interested in him.

Speculation suggested that the Stamford Bridge outfit would make a multi-million pound bid for the midfielder next summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)