Nedved and Trezeguet to renew (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
His current contract expires in 2005 and this new contract will expire in 2007 with obviously a better pay. His new contract might be signed next week.

Same for Trezeguet though they did not mention when his expiry is.

Camoranesi on the other hand, will be offered a not so substential increase. This might push him further away since he can easily find a better contract with another team. :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Actually, I think Nedved's contract expires in 2006. I forgot about Trez's. That's great news, though for the Trez-bashers, maybe it's not so good...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Camo is the player who own less in Juve I think he really deserve an increasement! I'm sure he will leave if he will not have it, and I wuould not blame him...

Don't know what to think about Treze, he is certainly a grat player but he injur himself too mutch... something wrong with him...
But we had so many offers 4 him and he never been sold so I really think Juve count on him.
Maybe at the moment there are some better strikers around like Adriano, but thay are not reachable or affortable...

Nedved must stay 4 life ;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm gonna say the same thing as I said for Del Piero. IMO Nedved is too old to get a 4 year contract, and with a pay rise!!! He will be what, 35, 36 in 2007, and he might not perform like he has so far. IMO he has max 2 more good years in him.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Oh sorry, I read that Nedved's expires in 2006, I think in a planetfootball article. My bad ;)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
lets just make them sign up so if they wanna leave, they dont do a Davids on us:(

i dont know why camo is getting jipped.......seriously, if he leaves, i dont blame him. he is getting paid peanuts....and juve aint a circus.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It's not that simple Adrian. Offering them new contracts probably means more salary for them, since (obviously) they've been at the club longer than they had at the time they signed their previous contracts. I think the main argument against offering them new contracts is that it may not be worth paying them so much, especially Nedved, who'll be past his prime by that age... I'm not saying I agree with the people who say this, but I think this is what they're trying to say. I say give Nedved however much he asks for, he'll still run 3 times as much as any of the players ten years older than him!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
thank-you gray...but i believe that the players themselves are aware that pay cuts will be applied when they are not the players they are now.

the way i see it is that if the players are not good enough anymore, juve will sell them or ask them to take a pay cut anyway.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
Don't give Trezeguet a new contract now, on his current form he don't deserve it.
I agree totally , this must depend on his ability to get back to his form

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
if he wont get a contract he wont play and we'll lose him on a free. right now at least he's trying to get back on form and believes he is part of the team and is making something of an effort.

if he comes to know he doesnt fit into the team's plans is he gonna play? he's gonna pull a salas or a makelele on us.

its gonna have negative repercussions on the team.

on the same note ale's contracts were a signal of solidarity more than anything else. if he wasnt offered a contract can u imagine the commotion among the fans/the squad?

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
Nedved signed!!!!! trezeguet is next i hope!!!! i do agree with what Lac said!! very good point over there man!! trezeguet is a player i think we should not loose!!!!

Jul 12, 2002
Who cares if we lose trezeguet? I don't care. In fact, I'd be happy to have him gone, then Lippi will have to field some real forwards.

Aug 1, 2003
give trez time. its unfair to treat him this way. so he has been playing badly lately. of course players have their off-form time. but other than that he has contributed to juve few seasons back. he score goals u know.

i'm sure if alex is playing like trez is now you wouldn't want alex to leave, would you? just give trez time & the moral support he needs from the fans for the good of juventus.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
trez doesnt need time, he needs supply!! Currently, our midfield is struggling to supply for him. Di Vaio aint no support creative striker, nedved is great, but isnt a totti, zidane, aimar when it comes to creating. Camo is on bench at times, del piero is missing and miccoli is just coming back now from injury.

until lippi starts playing it proparly, trez wont find form. trez is great, but he needs creativeness around him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah,,, in part,,we need to know how to get the best for our plares,,,and with this formation,,trez will not do too much. See how he scores like crazy in his NT...its because he have creativity around him,just with zidane and henry around...Trez scoring opportunoities boost a lot.

IN Juve...when he have del piero near huim,,he becomes a very dangerous thread,,and force the enemy to do man mark on him..this give more space to DP to create madness. EWith a good creative Mid,,and with DP near him,,,he will be beter for sure.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
but in saying that, we have del piero and nedved (respectively being henry and ZZ). but the main issue there is that although del piero can create and score, nedved scores a lot more than he creates. Nedved isnt Zidane in terms of creating, however, nedved offers more spirit, heart, hard work, power from the hole behind the forwards (that sounds kind of rude:D) and most of all, Nedved tends to score a lot more when its needed than zidane does.

BUT, the only creativeness Trez really gets is when del piero plays. So, this is why lippi opted for the formation with miccoli on the right to add some creativeness and help out del piero and nedved. We are yet to see if this really works as such, as its only been played for a half when miccoli was hurting.

Camoranesi is another option, but he better suits the normal 4-3-1-2 formation on the right.

i still believe that trez would do well, if he had del piero feeding him from the left, and miccoli from the right, but both have to really support him upfront and not leave trez with the two centre backs to deal with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)