Nba (4 Viewers)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I LOVE DETROIT!!! sounds like they really deserved it, not letting the Lakers find their groove......I wonder how the Spurs would have fared?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Jackson Will Not Return as Coach

In a June 18 meeting, Phil Jackson and owner Dr. Jerry Buss mutually agreed that Jackson will not return as head coach of the Lakers. Buss offered Jackson another position with the organization, which Jackson will decide whether or not to accept in the near future.

lakers.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
They're falling apart. Malone, Payton and Fisher can all go if they want, Kobe will most probably use the clause in his contract and be a free agent, O'Neill might be traded...

It will be the same think like with the Bulls dynasty.

Anyways, this years Lakers team was massivly overrated.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Lakers Select Vujacic

Los Angeles selected Sasha Vujacic with the 27th pick in NBA Draft 2004 on Thursday. Vujacic played for Snaidero Udine in Slovenia in 2003-04.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I haven't been around for more than 2 weeks, so I didn't had a chance to say this.

Great series, Pistons !!!!!!

I hope next year the Lakers won't even make it to the play-offs.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Lakers Hire Tomjanovich as Head Coach

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., July 10 -- The Los Angeles Lakers have hired Rudy Tomjanovich as head coach, it was announced today.
Tomjanovich, who becomes the 16th head coach in Los Angeles Lakers history, has spent the last 34 seasons with the Houston Rockets serving as player, coach and most recently as a personnel consultant during the 2003-04 season. Prior to his role as consultant, Tomjanovich spent 12 seasons as the team's head coach where he guided them to two division titles and two NBA Championships in 1994 and 1995.

"We're ecstatic to have Rudy Tomjanovich as our new head coach," said Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss. "He is a proven winner who has led his teams to two NBA championships and I am confident he will carry that success over to the Lakers. He is well-liked and well-respected by everyone in the business and we look forward to having him lead us into the future."

"I'm thrilled to be joining such a storied franchise as the Los Angeles Lakers," said Tomjanovich. "Dr. Jerry Buss has a reputation as being one of the greatest owners in all of professional sports and I look forward to working with him, Mitch Kupchak and the rest of the Lakers organization. In addition, Sophie and I are looking forward to enjoying the Southern California lifestyle and being part of the Los Angeles community."

In 12 seasons as head coach of the Rockets, Tomjanovich posted a 503-397 (.559) regular season record and a 51-39 (.567) playoff record. His career wins and winning percentage are Rockets franchise records.

In his first complete season (1992-93) as the Rockets head coach Tomjanovich guided his team to a division title, making him the first head coach to ever take his team from the lottery to a division title during his first full season. In the ensuing year Tomjanovich led the team to its first NBA championship. He repeated this feat again the following season, earning back-to-back championships for the first time in the club's history.

Alongside his role as coach of the Rockets, Tomjanovich also served as coach for the United States Senior National Team on two occasions. During the 2000 Summer Olympics, Tomjanovich guided the team to a gold medal while posting an undefeated record in Sydney. Prior to the Olympics, Tomjanovich also coached a group of non-NBA players to a bronze medal in the 1988 World Championship of Basketball.

While serving as the Rockets head coach Tomjanovich received numerous accolades including being named head coach of the Western Conference team for the 1997 NBA All-Star Game. He also earned The Sporting News NBA Coach of the Year Award in 1993 and was named NBA Coach of the Month on several occasions.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Lakers have traded Shaq to Miami. And they aren't certain abt Kobe resigning either. Moving pretty much in the direction of the Bulls dynasty.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Kobe Bryant has signed a new contract with LA Lakers.
LA Lakers have signed Vlade Divas from Sacramento Kings.

p.s. can you believe? kobe has signed a 7 year contract, and durin these 7 yrs, he will get 19mil $ per year :eek::eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)