Nationals again and again (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
Brown sweet Norwegian cheese with OGS advertising :D
Wow, for real? :LOL: It's funny when footballers endorse products

I remember Salt and Lineker chips, and Cheese and Owen

and in australia, there were pat-ato chips (pat rafter)... 250grams "NET"... how sad...

OP
BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #308
    Totally off-topic : I love that advertising on the Italian channels, with Serie A loves you if you love it ... There is Neddy too, and acting really funny :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    Totally off-topic : I love that advertising on the Italian channels, with Serie A loves you if you love it ... There is Neddy too, and acting really funny :)
    :down: i never get to see those kind of things... does anyone know where i can find these kind of things online? I never get to see my boys off the pitch, i think it'd be interesting..

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #310
    It is, very. Just that I'm tired of Beckham. And try to find out for what companies each of them advertises, then search with the company name on the net ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Added time spells trouble for ref

Swiss referee Urs Meier has fallen foul of football-crazy Romanian witches after incurring their wrath.

The witches have cursed Meier to turn him lame and make him lose his whistling power after their team's Euro 2004 hopes were dashed against Denmark.

Romania, who needed a win in Copenhagen to ensure at least a play-off place for the finals, conceded a goal in the fifth minute of injury time Meier added on.

"Seven witches of the city of Craiova cursed Meier to lose his capacity to whistle, to be lame in his legs and feel pain in his soul," Romanian media have reported.

Newspapers quoted the witches as warning: "Romania will never feel pain and injustice from referees again after they see what has happened to Urs Meier."

The late goal for a 2-2 result means Romania need Luxembourg to get a good result against Norway and Bosnia to fail against Denmark in final matches next month if they are to qualify.

The Romanian media have slammed Meier for giving Denmark a dubious penalty in the first half and also for extending injury time for no apparent reason.

Newspapers published his e-mail address and reported that he had complained at receiving some 14,000 messages from aggrieved Romanians.

---------------------------------------------

Fans throw TVs out of window after Euro 2004 exit

Police in Romania say football fans threw their televisions out of their windows after the national team crashed out of the European Championships.

Officers in Iasi county were alerted by a number of small explosions after the end of the 2-2 draw with Denmark.

They found five people had ripped their television cables from the wall and hurled their sets into the streets below.

One of them, Marian Mire, said he couldn't accept the decisions of Swiss referee Urs Meier which had cost his team victory.

Denmark's goals came through a disputed penalty and an equaliser five minutes into injury time when fans thought the game should have been over. At 2-1, Romania would have qualified as group winners.

Mr Mire said: "I can't stand to see this. Romania lost a big chance because of him. Good bye, Portugal! Goodbye my TV set! I will never watch a Romanian national football team again."

Romania are still top of their group but have played all of their matches and will almost certainly finish third meaning they miss out on the Euro 2004 finals. Denmark or Bosnia-Herzegovina will top the group while Norway have only to beat Luxembourg to push Romania into third place.

Mr Meier's performance has caused an outrage in Romania where witches have called a congress to "punish" him and a lawyer is urging the government to declare him an "undesirable".

Mother Maria, from Ploiesti, told Gazeta de Sud newspaper: "Romania won but the referee took our victory. I talked to some witches and asked them to curse the man for getting in trouble and get fired from his job."

Meanwhile, lawyer Catalin Dancu told National newspaper: "I think if the Government cares for the people then this referee will never set foot in our country. He humiliated us all."

------------------------------------------------------------------

They have great passion! Go Luxembourg! Go Denmark! for the next games...

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #315
    Stop fighting. Why do you have to argue now about a thing that is already been done :) ?

And come on, Zlatan, we all know that you'll qualify, so stop that. Or maybe Norway will, and you'll still have the consolation of a great play against them and Denmark.

Nobody knows, it isn't our decision. ;)

Peace ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)