Mutu for Meghni (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
Mutu-Meghni swop mooted Sunday 15 May, 2005

Bologna have made a sensational request to exchange Mourad Meghni and Juve’s Adrian Mutu for next season.

“We know that the Juventus directors are very interested in Meghni,” explained Rossoblu patron Giuseppe Gazzoni Frascara in the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’.

“We’ve received several offers from Italy and overseas, so I really can’t hold the boy back in his career if a club is ready to put £6.5m on the table. With this in mind, we could strike a deal with Juventus that includes Mutu. I had already thought about making a move for him in December, but didn’t realise the Bianconeri were also planning the same thing.”

Juve shocked everyone in January when they snapped up the Romanian on a free transfer, as he had just been sacked by Chelsea for failing a routine drugs test.

The Stamford Bridge side is taking legal action against the move and the matter will go to the TAS sports tribunal, but Mutu will be free to resume his playing career when his ban expires at the end of this month.

“My dreams of having Mutu in a Bologna jersey are not over yet, as everyone revives their careers at the Stadio Dall’Ara,” added Gazzoni Frascara. “Beppe Signori, Roberto Baggio and Gianluca Pagliuca found a new lease of life here and we can help Mutu find himself again.”

It is not an entirely impractical idea for Juventus, as Mutu would have difficulty finding space in Turin with Alessandro Del Piero, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David Trezeguet and a rumoured bid for Parma’s Alberto Gilardino.

Creative midfielder Meghni may be only 19 years old, but he has already earned the nickname ‘Little Zidane’ in his native France and could give Juve some much-needed inspiration in midfield next season.

The inclusion of Mutu on loan for a year would reduce the price-tag considerably and put them at an advantage over the other European clubs vying for his signature.

=====================================================

i don't see meghni's play very much, and i believe our attacking force will be great with mutu, zlatan, trez & DP. i don't want this deal done.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)