Muslim players in Europe (5 Viewers)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
I guess we just found out what button to push to get Zlatan mad !!:D

This may sound a bit outlandish, but I have read that "true practicing " Muslims are not suppose to play sports, listen to music other than religious, or have anything to do with western culture (clothes,etc...)

That sounds a lot like radical Islam- Bin Laden
well vinman.. thats not true... and about musik, YES u can hear musik, but it has to be limitted, u know, i mean, ur not suppose to spend hours listning to musik.. (and its not suppose to be like the musik 50cent, Shady and the others sings, u know, rap with bad word) (but i still hear it and im gonna pay for that in hell)

btw, some said something about zidan not being muslim, he isent 100% muslim (NO ONE IS) but he is born as one, and thats it... (same goes for zlatan)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

That type of "Islam" that Taliban and extremists practice and preach detroys the true basic princaples of Islam. While they do uphold some very good values of islam, they have oversteped a lot of boundries IMO.

While the Quraan then Hadith are our guides to our way of living, there is room for interpretation for the "little" matters and the scholars do their best to interpret them. the problem is that a lot of politics affect what's said. There's also the cultural factor. Many things that are not part of Islam are associated with it because they were local things.

Therefore, it's not right to listen to anyone who claims what is or isn't the "true Islam."
Now, for what sounds like my paradox: :D

According to me knowledge, i'll tell you what's said concerning those matters,
For sports, the prophet Mohammed PBUH encouraged Muslims to teach their kids swimming, archery, and hourse-back riding. IIRC, friendly wrestling was also practiced. It's also a muslim's responsibility to take care of him/herself's health. We are not to "abuse" our bodies for useless reasons. Sports are permited, but of couse, as long as it does not contradict with other teachings like dressing modestly for example.

Music.... hmm.... I'm positive that offesive music with profanity and so forth is not permitted. We're encoureged to speak well always. As for stuff like classical ..etc, I have to say that i'm not knowledgable enough to give a solid answer.

As for western culture, the rule is simple: If an elementof the culture contradicts with muslim teachings that that element is not permitted. Islam has spread all the way to asia and its different people still uphold much of their local traditions. that goes for western culture too.
---------

PS Sorry to whoever opened this thread, but i find it kind of pointless.

to pitch in:
Anelka is a practicing Muslim for sure.
George Weah is a practicing Muslim for sure.
Zidane isn't a practicing Muslim.
now ya all.. Read this..! :thumb:

Gaston

Feb 8, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
And why those people(you forgott Kovac brothers) represented Croatia squad? Cuz they are Croats,not Bosnians.....place of the birth is relavant onley if you want 2nd passport.
Now listen here barkuss...

Zlatan is an non-practicing muslim just like maybe the whole muslim parts of eastern europe.

You must admit that Croats sometimes "steal" the honor of players and so on, right? You have to agree on that.

If you travel to Bosnia you'll find Croatian flags all over the place...near the coast. That really bugs me. It is in BOSNIA for cryin' out loud, then why place Croatian flags!?

The Bosnian-Serbs and the Bosnian-Crotian clubs in Bosnia want their own league and stuff. Even their own flag for their region. Thats bull!! They even refused playing but lost their stupid will.

The excact same thing is in Iraq were the Kurds want a flag and borders and a country in the north (well the Serbs and Croats doesn't want a borderline, but it is the same princip).

We'll see what happends...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
If you're born in Bosnia but consider yourself a Croat or Serb then move to Croatia or Serbia FFS, we dont want people like that here. If you dont consider Bosnia your country then get the fvck away.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Gaston ] ++

Now listen here barkuss...

Zlatan is an non-practicing muslim just like maybe the whole muslim parts of eastern europe.

You must admit that Croats sometimes "steal" the honor of players and so on, right? You have to agree on that.

If you travel to Bosnia you'll find Croatian flags all over the place...near the coast. That really bugs me. It is in BOSNIA for cryin' out loud, then why place Croatian flags!?

The Bosnian-Serbs and the Bosnian-Crotian clubs in Bosnia want their own league and stuff. Even their own flag for their region. Thats bull!! They even refused playing but lost their stupid will.

The excact same thing is in Iraq were the Kurds want a flag and borders and a country in the north (well the Serbs and Croats doesn't want a borderline, but it is the same princip).

We'll see what happends...

Who the **** are you? How do you dare to speak about that to me? IOnley relavant opinion in this case is Zlatans and mine....of course.....and your's if you're "Undiscovered Bosnian" on this forum.

It bugs you to see Croatian flags in Herzegovina??? Than why it doesnt bugs you that Serbs have half of Bosnia under command?????

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
If you're born in Bosnia but consider yourself a Croat or Serb then move to Croatia or Serbia FFS, we dont want people like that here. If you dont consider Bosnia your country then get the fvck away.

You'd like that but guess what.....never gonna happen. Read the article above.

Gaston

Feb 8, 2004
I hope you didn't reply to my thread Zlatab...(on your side here)

I agree..Croats steal bosnian players and values sometimes. I don't like how the Croats act like in BOSNIA and of course it's unfortunate that the serbs have such a influent on Bosnia-Hercegovina. Bosnia is a federation first of all were Bosnian are # 1, Serbs # 2 and Croats # 3. It should be Bosnian # 1 and nothing else. Croats and Serbs can live in Bosnia if they wish, but they have to call themselves Bosnian and not Croat/Serbs and try to build up their own community. A Bosnian-Serb can call him self for an Ortodoks and Croats for Catholic...no problem, but don't try to shove other people out.

I hate people that are trying to have their own communty and society in a country that allready have it. They can instead try to live with the country people and be friends. That is what the Bosnians want but the Serbs and Croats are oppsessed with other things that will never happen.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Hahha from the beginning I knew that this thread was going to get fvcked. too many muslems here :p (just kidding)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

I hope you didn't reply to my thread Zlatab...(on your side here)

I agree..Croats steal bosnian players and values sometimes. I don't like how the Croats act like in BOSNIA and of course it's unfortunate that the serbs have such a influent on Bosnia-Hercegovina. Bosnia is a federation first of all were Bosnian are # 1, Serbs # 2 and Croats # 3. It should be Bosnian # 1 and nothing else. Croats and Serbs can live in Bosnia if they wish, but they have to call themselves Bosnian and not Croat/Serbs and try to build up their own community. A Bosnian-Serb can call him self for an Ortodoks and Croats for Catholic...no problem, but don't try to shove other people out.

I hate people that are trying to have their own communty and society in a country that allready have it. They can instead try to live with the country people and be friends. That is what the Bosnians want but the Serbs and Croats are oppsessed with other things that will never happen.

Agree, and I've said this a few times before on this forum.

And yes, I was replying to your post, but not saying anything against or about you, I was talking about people in general. :)

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Zinedine Zidane is muslim. :);)
Even his name is an Arabic name...:geek:

Zinedine
Zin /zain/ means good-looking or good in general...
Edine /eddeen/ means religion, specifically Islam, and in Arabic we have a lot of compound male names that are attached with the word (Edine) like Salahedine, and Saadedine....

Zidane a derivative from Zaid which gives the meaning of increase and growth.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
++ [ originally posted by Sid] ++
Batistuta is not muslim? someone told me he's a muslim
Maybe because his middle name is Omar/Umar (which is a common Arabic name), but it's not neccessarily he's Muslim. I heard his origins are Arabs...:dontcare:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
++ [ originally posted by Gaston] ++
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is muslim because the name is a muslim name.

Ibrahim = A very typical muslim nam
Zlatan = A bosnian muslim name

There are few christian's that name their son a muslim name...

He is muslim
Great analyzing :thumb:
But Id' add...Ibrahim is a variant of Abraham...it also refers to the Prophet Ibrahim (PBUH)
As for -vic- I have no clue. :confused:What does it mean?

And again, the name has nothing to do with religion...at least partially. Because I know some Saudi people have non-Muslim names like, one of my cousins; Mary, and a relative of my friend Sophie....and there're as well, non-Muslims have some Muslim names....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
It's a suffix thats added to names in Bosnia, like Wilhelmsson in Swedish for example.

Willhelms+son = Wilhem's son

Ibrahimović is pretty much the same, a surname that originates from a first name.

Ibrahim+ović
Jašar+ević
Adil+ović, etc.

In fact, some 90% of muslim last names in Bosnia are like that.

P.S. Like barkuss added before, Zlatan isnt really a muslim name, altho it's mostly given to muslims. It's pretty much a universal name, as it means Golden in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ahead ] ++
i agree with every part of what u said except the part about swimming, archery, and hourse-back riding.. it was by Omar ...;)
Thank you for correcting me ahead. Allah yjzak 5air! You're absolutely right, that was said by Omar bin A-Khattab who was one of the prophet's greatest companions and who's highly regarded in Islam.

:)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mermaidah ] ++

Even his name is an Arabic name...:geek:

Zinedine
Zin /zain/ means good-looking or good in general...
Edine /eddeen/ means religion, specifically Islam, and in Arabic we have a lot of compound male names that are attached with the word (Edine) like Salahedine, and Saadedine....

Zidane a derivative from Zaid which gives the meaning of increase and growth.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
That's correct, but that doesn't make him Muslim. His father could have just given him that name, but ZZ himself might not believe in Islam.

All this is really irrelavent really.

Maybe because his middle name is Omar/Umar (which is a common Arabic name), but it's not neccessarily he's Muslim. I heard his origins are Arabs...:dontcare:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
No. He's not Muslim. Ask people in Qatar.

Great analyzing :thumb:
But Id' add...Ibrahim is a variant of Abraham...it also refers to the Prophet Ibrahim (PBUH)
As for -vic- I have no clue. :confused:What does it mean?

And again, the name has nothing to do with religion...at least partially. Because I know some Saudi people have non-Muslim names like, one of my cousins; Mary, and a relative of my friend Sophie....and there're as well, non-Muslims have some Muslim names....

Yes, indeed. A person's name isn't complete proof of a person's religion.

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
It's a suffix thats added to names in Bosnia, like Wilhelmsson in Swedish for example.

Willhelms+son = Wilhem's son

Ibrahimović is pretty much the same, a surname that originates from a first name.

Ibrahim+ović
Jašar+ević
Adil+ović, etc.

In fact, some 90% of muslim last names in Bosnia are like that.
So the suffix doesn't mean the person who comes from????

Becuase that's what I was told....

Thanx for the info....:)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, you would not last very long in the United States then. "Little Italy's," "Pequeno Mexicos," and "Little Albanias" are present in many cities here. Many immigrants come here and establish their own "home away from home," so this conglomeration of cultures would not be too appealing to you I suppose.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Mermaidah ] ++

So the suffix doesn't mean the person who comes from????

Becuase that's what I was told....

Thanx for the info....:)
What do you mean, I'm not sure I understand?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)