Music or lyrics...? (1 Viewer)

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
i think the question was " what makes you REMEMBER the song"
well for me , if it's a song i don't like it's the catchy melody combined with some stupid lyrics ... those idiotic phrases just get stuck in your head and you can hear the song play over and over in your mind
and if it's a good song i think music is more important, i have to admit i like a lot of artists who's lyrics don't make too much sense but the music is great. i don't remember a song i liked just for the lyrics.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Coldplay
Alanis Morriesette
Dave Mathew's Band - crash into me

I agree with those three, especially with Alanis Morissette. Her lyrics are awesome. The Unplugged she did was one of the best ever made, in my opinion. That CD is just awesome.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

I agree with those three, especially with Alanis Morissette. Her lyrics are awesome. The Unplugged she did was one of the best ever made, in my opinion. That CD is just awesome.
i also liked that one very much. cant believe i agree on music with britney fan :lazy:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Speaking of Alanis... her best lyrics lie in her best song...

"An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
Isn't it ironic... don't you think?

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
Well isn't this nice...
And isn't it ironic...

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures"

Frickin' hell... no need for a time mashine...

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++

i also liked that one very much. cant believe i agree on music with britney fan :lazy:
The irony of life ;)

One of the best songs in that CD is "Uninvited". I love the lyrics and the music.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Have you heard Alanis' new song? I think it sucks. She now has this "Im so happy" image and songs. The same happened to Shakira when she fell in love.

Now all the can sing about is the happiness of love

:dontcare:

Sep 28, 2002
i dont listen to her anymore. jagged little pill was excellent album, second one with long name that i cant remember had few good songs, and under rug swept was complete shite. i dont listen to her anymore.

iirc king of pain was written by sting.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
It was? I really like that song.

Under Rug Swept sucked.

Jagged Little Pill is good, I just finished listening to it.

I never listened to Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie completely, but it had some great songs, such as Thank U

Sep 28, 2002
thats the point, thank u is one of better songs but is no more than a decent bit. besides, she started experimenting with electronic music in SFIJ and shes not good at it.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
In my opinion, for me to like a rap song that beat has to be wicked. Otherwise I would say it just sucks.

Goo Goo dolls has some good lyrics also.

Another band I liked for the music, and well never really understood or paid attention to their lyrics but it could be good stuff is The Cranbberies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)