'Murica! (584 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
no hotdogs, no chickens, no mayo
Have I mentioned how Portuguese food is excellent with the lone exception of the Portuguese version of hotdogs being a crime against humanity that should be put in front of a Geneva Convention tribunal?

“What you’re about to see is pure unadulterated bullshit, but we will show it anyways because why not?”

That should be a better disclaimer
It kinda makes it look like a late night MyPillow informercial, actually.

Damn, that is some great stuff.

Qanon followers are almost as bad as Tom Brady when it comes to losing
They're both experts at deflating.

The father of one of my best female friends believes the March 4th stuff. He's been a Q guy for a long time so it'll be funny to see what happens when it doesn't happen.
It wasn't until I read that Bloomberg article that described the whole Q phenomenon more as a Pokemon-Go-like game that I think I started to get it.

he’s most likely a planted actor, mgt will find him in her grocery store in a month
Crisis actors, everywhere. He isn't even real. His identity is autogenerated from an AI GAN.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
By the way, spot natural gas prices in Texas just went from $3 to $125 because of the supply shocks and the massive trough over the middle of the country. I just called my local propane provider on the East coast to check on the price per gallon. Last month I paid about $1.33 per gallon for propane. Today the price is fucking $3.75 per gallon.

https://www.naturalgasintel.com/spo...p-freeze-cuts-production-fuels-record-demand/

Not good timing for Joe and his anti-energy stance.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We had power outage here in Plano, TX for about 8 hours earlier today.
-11 to -12 Celsius but the wind chill is quite nasty.

Funny thing is that we only got about 3-4 inches of snow but we behave like we got 3-4 feet of snow.
Turbines are literally frozen rendering them offline. I also just heard that the sub-utilities are having trouble putting certain areas back online after taking them down through the rolling blackouts. So some of these areas are going to be without power for a while. Lots of old houses in Texas, going to be a bunch of busted pipes and the like while people do anything they can do heat their house unsafely. This is an absolute disaster.

The low tonight in Plano will be 4 degrees F. Jesus Christ.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's crazy. A normal low is what, 40? Those are New York mid-late winter temps.

Why is this affecting their electricity grid though?
Demand for heat and hence electricity is sky high, so the power grid is being tested. Wind turbines are freezing, along with certain nat gas and propane lines, so there is a massive supply issue. Spot prices for nat gas and propane are skyrocketing because of the demand and there's also another sort of supply issue that I'm not sure of yet, seems unclear.

The average low in Plano is like 40 degrees.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Demand for heat and hence electricity is sky high, so the power grid is being tested. Wind turbines are freezing, along with certain nat gas and propane lines, so there is a massive supply issue. Spot prices for nat gas and propane are skyrocketing because of the demand and there's also some sort of supply issue that I'm not sure of yet, seems unclear.

The average low in Plano is like 40 degrees.
Yep, they’ve been rolling black outs all day. grid wasn’t set up for the cold weather demand

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The polar vortex's southward movement was a huge issue back in 2014 as I recall, especially for the mid-Atlantic. I remember it being close to 0 F with wind chills of -10 or -20 below zero, then the power went out for like 10 hours. Luckily I remembered to keep the faucets leaking as to help prevent busted pipes, but that was a pretty scary evening regardless.

Look at these forecasted lows for tonight. Below zero for like 20% of Texas. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, they’ve been rolling black outs all day. grid wasn’t set up for the cold weather demand
The news conference I just listened to with the "Judge" from Dallas county said they still can't rotate the blackouts between customers. Man, I would be soooooo fucking pissed.

- - - Updated - - -

Exit immediately... and go where? :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

Steve Garlic Nose Lookner is covering it!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 566)