'Murica! (109 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think a purely capitalist society would be a pretty hardcore failure. You have to have some social safety net. Imagine the chaos if you had to pay for medical care out of pocket and things like social security, the police, or automobile insurance didn’t exist.

Mogadishu looked real cool in black hawk down but I can’t imagine it’s very fun to live there in real life
Capitalism does not equate anarchy.

That's what every administration does. Most economic change takes years. For all we know Trump hugely benefitted from Obama's presidency.

That's part of what makes it so difficult to see whether or not someone was in fact a good president.

My biggest issue with Trump has always been the message he conveys, that it is just fine to be racist and ignorant and that you don't need to have any moral fibre whatsoever.

I just don't think it's healthy to have that type of person be your leader, the guy everyone looks up to.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
You can't say that when some of Trump's economic policies directly counteract Obama's, such as the "America First" protectionism of American jobs and promotion of US energy independence. If you think his messaging is "racist" then you're confusing racism with abrasiveness, which obviously aren't the same thing. But we have been over this ad nauseum and it's getting old.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Capitalism does not equate anarchy.

You can't say that when some of Trump's economic policies directly counteract Obama's, such as the "America First" protectionism of American jobs and promotion of US energy independence. If you think his messaging is "racist" then you're confusing racism with abrasiveness, which obviously aren't the same thing. But we have been over this ad nauseum and it's getting old.
Of course you can say that. Most economic measures take a really long time to have effect.

As for his racism. My biggest problem isn't that some of his decisions have been racist (though they were), it's the fact that he himself is a racist.

We know this.

Everyone knows that, deep down, this person really hates black people, latinos, basically anyone with a different skin.

We just know.

And the fact that someone who is racist is not hindered by this fact, but rather uses that underlying racism to gain popularity, that fact really hurt a lot of people.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Of course you can say that. Most economic measures take a really long time to have effect.

As for his racism. My biggest problem isn't that some of his decisions have been racist (though they were), it's the fact that he himself is a racist.

We know this.

Everyone knows that, deep down, this person really hates black people, latinos, basically anyone with a different skin.

We just know.

And the fact that someone who is racist is not hindered by this fact, but rather uses that underlying racism to gain popularity, that fact really hurt a lot of people.

Who's we? White Belgians?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Nope

He makes lash stigmatising claims for his own gain. But he's not racist. Sensitivists will say he's racist tho.

If he was an obvious racist, he wouldnt get majority of the latino and male african american votes in the swingstates.
I saw an interesting stat from Florida where something like 63% of Cuban-Americans voted for him but only 37% of Puerto Ricans. And this was because he campaigned that Biden was a communist (see a certain Fidel Castro). Same when Clinton ran. But part of this is ingrained in Cuban culture, and Cubans can get green cards after only 1 year of residence. Venezuelan-Amercian voting ran a similar way.

Non-white voters still mostly voted for Biden across the country, but it's interesting how Trump won some ground. Ultimately, many people care more about what affects them directly in terms of their heritage and history, or the economy and how it affects their income, than they do with stupid shit that comes out of some guy's mouth.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I saw an interesting stat from Florida where something like 63% of Cuban-Americans voted for him but only 37% of Puerto Ricans. And this was because he campaigned that Biden was a communist (see a certain Fidel Castro). Same when Clinton ran. But part of this is ingrained in Cuban culture, and Cubans can get green cards after only 1 year of residence. Venezuelan-Amercian voting ran a similar way.

Non-white voters still mostly voted for Biden across the country, but it's interesting how Trump won some ground. Ultimately, many people care more about what affects them directly in terms of their heritage and history, or the economy and how it affects their income, than they do with stupid shit that comes out of some guy's mouth.
What i find remarcable, is the difference in percentages.

White males. Majority known to be glutenfree vegan pussies in the US these days, are mostly on Bidens side.

Latino's and african americans from the non democratic zones, so kinda hearing both sides. surprisingly dont care that much for his antics, because he speaks to their mildly conservative mind, and they dont like political correctness or overly progressive idea's too much.

A conservative republican which is determined, brash but not a bafoon like Trump would be appreciated endlessly more tho

Jun 6, 2015
Nope

He makes lash stigmatising claims for his own gain. But he's not racist. Sensitivists will say he's racist tho.

If he was an obvious racist, he wouldnt get majority of the latino and male african american votes in the swingstates.
Not sure you are the best authority to weigh in on the subject of who's a racist and who's not. Trump clearly says and does a lot of racist shit so I'm not sure how some of you have again managed to twist the reality here.

I quite doubt that the bolded part is true. It's unlikely that Trump got the majority of black male vote in any state (Biden is estimated to get around 80% nationwide).

Here are some breakdowns from Pa and Ga:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...pennsylvania-counties-battleground-state.html
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/04/us/elections/georgia-election-results-atlanta.html

And here are the exit polls, but it's good to remember that they're not precise measurements of vote shares.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/exit-polls-president.html

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

That's because Cuban-Americans are still butt-hurt over the corpse of Castro while secretly wishing they were Tony Montana.

Puerto Ricans are basically Americans with no voting power and get crapped on, like a any good minority should be in the U.S.

And nobody is really talking about how Trump got a higher percentage of votes from blacks, Latinos, etc. in 2020 over 2016 ... with the exception of white men. There's a story there nobody wants to touch with a 10-foot pole.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Good to see the Dems are already back on the war path. :superhappy:

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like your guy has a chance @Enron

- - - Updated - - -

Lol all this denying and sore loser acts from Trump and his followers still won’t get the message.

@pavluska you were right, these people are too far gone
This guy too far gone as well? Everyone laughed at him when he called the housing crash, too.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Good to see the Dems are already back on the war path. :superhappy:

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like your guy has a chance @Enron

- - - Updated - - -

This guy too far gone as well? Everyone laughed at him when he called the housing crash, too.

so there was an algorithm theory before that is very coincidentally matched now because of the mail in ballot votes arriving later.

i can’t watch the whole video because it’s over an hour but apparently that guy is known for conspiracy theories and falsely claiming to be the creator of email, makes me think it’s just attention seeking and not accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 94)