'Murica! (53 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not a lot from what I’ve read.
Yeah. I think we opened 3% or so as part of the TPP deal, and now for USMCA is apparently marginally more.

Which is fine. We really shouldn't have been opening it up more. The supply management system keeps the market steady and incomes steady for farmers. The industry makes money. It has its flaws, and hopefully opening up a small portion to imports will help make it a little more consumer friendly as far as pricing goes and also more competitive... but we also don't really want a system that floods the market and causes farmers to constantly be seeking government subsidies and bailouts like in the US. US dairy farmers are losing money almost every year due to a lack of regulation and management of the industry.

https://www.realagriculture.com/201...-percent-of-producer-returns-says-new-report/

While the conclusions above are exaggerated imo, there is undoubtedly government assistance in the form of indirect subsidies for the US agriculture industry.

Added to that US farmers heavy reliance on undocumented workers also keeps prices of products artificially low.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah. I think we opened 3% or so as part of the TPP deal, and now for USMCA is apparently marginally more.

Which is fine. We really shouldn't have been opening it up more. The supply management system keeps the market steady and incomes steady for farmers. The industry makes money. It has its flaws, and hopefully opening up a small portion to imports will help make it a little more consumer friendly as far as pricing goes and also more competitive... but we also don't really want a system that floods the market and causes farmers to constantly be seeking government subsidies and bailouts like in the US. US dairy farmers are losing money almost every year due to a lack of regulation and management of the industry.

https://www.realagriculture.com/201...-percent-of-producer-returns-says-new-report/

While the conclusions above are exaggerated imo, there is undoubtedly government assistance in the form of indirect subsidies for the US agriculture industry.

Added to that US farmers heavy reliance on undocumented workers also keeps prices of products artificially low.
Yeah, we shit hard on our farmers, but with respect to them. They do ask for it every two to four years.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
$779 billion deficit already this year under Trump and the GOP... a 17% increase on last year... after their $1.5 trillion tax cut for the rich.

And Mitch McConnell has the temerity to blame the deficit on social services and "entitlements" for the poor and elderly. :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

And I thought the GOP and Trump said that their massive tax cuts for corporations and the rich would stimulate enough economic growth to offset the cost and not grow the deficit. :shifty:

McConnell last year on the GOP tax cuts:

"I not only don't think it will increase the deficit, I think it will be beyond revenue-neutral. In other words I think it will produce more than enough to fill that gap."

Supply-side economics. What a lark. :lol:

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Btw it's a variation on 'I know what you are, but what am I?'. Trump fans are often accused of being Russian bots (which in a lot of cases seems to be not far from the truth). Instead of simply calling liberals bots themselves, they call them NPCs. Really weak stuff.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Btw it's a variation on 'I know what you are, but what am I?'. Trump fans are often accused of being Russian bots (which in a lot of cases seems to be not far from the truth). Instead of simply calling liberals bots themselves, they call them NPCs. Really weak stuff.
I guess it comes down to being different sides of stupid

lamb sauce

May 28, 2018
I didn’t know people were freaked out by memes
well, I mean twitter people

- - - Updated - - -

that's what baffles me, people used to call people they disagree with "parrots", "mindless drones", whatever
this comes along and it's "OMG HOW DEHUMANIZING"

- - - Updated - - -

regardless, when a meme goes full normie you can trash it

like when your dad registered on facebook back in 2010 so you left your account for good
the "dehumanizing" narrative was picked up pretty quickly

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
well, I mean twitter people

- - - Updated - - -

that's what baffles me, people used to call people they disagree with "parrots", "mindless drones", whatever
this comes along and it's "OMG HOW DEHUMANIZING"

- - - Updated - - -

the "dehumanizing" narrative was picked up pretty quickly
Twitter people aren’t real people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 25)