'Murica! (145 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I have been following cryptos for the last five years and I know that you cannot control this without proper regulation. The nature of this shit is that it relays on human greed and stupidity and they are in abundance in the world. I was aware several months before this scam to grow so popular that Asian countries will be the first to take measures against them.It became so popular there that it threatened their economies and societies.The general public do not understand it but they buy it anyway.I shared my views for many months on investing forums and among frends. I predicted with very high accuracy the regulations in China, SK, India etc. I also was sharing my views that after Asian countries start pushing to control cryptos USA will probably will take over as a heaven for cryptos. You can always rely on the barbarian capitalism in USA with their highest share of nutjobs, libertarians and sociopaths.I hate it when I am right about such things..And this hearing confirmed my suspicions.Regulators do not understand cryptos and crypto mafia do not understand anything. This is why I belive that USA can inflate this bubble to stratospheric levels.This is what they do.And this will impact the whole world.I hope this time I would be wrong but I really doubt it. With cryptos there should be global solution and the biggest nutjobs among them should be send to Mars. There is no point to discuss in detail in this forum why any current iteration of the crypto shits out there is nothing more but a Ponzi scheme.It is not hard to make money with cryptos but the problems start when more and more people try to do it. In crypto universe ordinary people will be skinned.I would love if only the nutjobs got involved but it won't work like that.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
but that's how the world works, ordinary people get skinned every day in gambling, lotteries, short term loans, churches and whatnot, no matter how much the government tried they couldn't protect everyone from their own stupidity. I've never understood why do they make these big exceptions and decide to ban financial pyramids f.e., at the root of it it's neither better nor worse than lottery and it's definitely better than gambling

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Are you kidding me? I'm Western European. We're the 2nd most greedy people on the planet. But that doesn't change the fact that you're first :D.

We do have a very different attitude though. You don't really get people like Scott Tucker over here, in the sense that there are people trying to rip off others, but they are not completely oblivious to the fact that what they're doing is wrong. That sort of excess only seems to happen in the US.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't know that we're any more greedy than anyone else on the planet. We're pretty loud about it though.
Greediness comes in many forms obviously, but that sense of it never being enough is something you immediately feel when you land in the US. There's no denying that that is also what made the US great though.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
but that's how the world works, ordinary people get skinned every day in gambling, lotteries, short term loans, churches and whatnot, no matter how much the government tried they couldn't protect everyone from their own stupidity. I've never understood why do they make these big exceptions and decide to ban financial pyramids f.e., at the root of it it's neither better nor worse than lottery and it's definitely better than gambling
This will make sense if we lived without making conections with each other.In reality the world is heavily interconected and in a particular country people are even more conected and dependend on each other. Financial pyramds if left unchecked could grow to devastate whole countries and even the world. Pyramid schemes do not produce wealth - they only redistribute wealth. In a heavily conected society bad financial decisions of other people will impact my well being even if I am the most prudent man in the world. In gambling the vast majority of people make sound decisions and do not gamble more than what they can lose. In bubbles and pyramid schemes rewards seem much bigger than the underling risk and many people lose their minds. In Bulgaria we had pyramid schemes in late 1990ies which left many people broke. Several years ago a major bank colapsed because it was run like pyramid scheme. People go all in and take debts in such cases.Then the state had to save them with taxpayers money.Cryptocurrencies will make the whole world a Ponzi scheme if left unchecked. Many people will get rich but most will lose everything or most of it. Even if we assume that the money are distributed evenly between all people - what are we going to buy with them when no one is producing anything? Commodities rarely can be money and all cryptos are predominatly commodities. Wider adoption will not make them currencies.There are many imbalances and fundamental flaws in the system that make this nearly imposible and highly undesirable.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This will make sense if we lived without making conections with each other.In reality the world is heavily interconected and in a particular country people are even more conected and dependend on each other. Financial pyramds if left unchecked could grow to devastate whole countries and even the world. Pyramid schemes do not produce wealth - they only redistribute wealth. In a heavily conected society bad financial decisions of other people will impact my well being even if I am the most prudent man in the world. In gambling the vast majority of people make sound decisions and do not gamble more than what they can lose. In bubbles and pyramid schemes rewards seem much bigger than the underling risk and many people lose their minds. In Bulgaria we had pyramid schemes in late 1990ies which left many people broke. Several years ago a major bank colapsed because it was run like pyramid scheme. People go all in and take debts in such cases.Then the state had to save them with taxpayers money.Cryptocurrencies will make the whole world a Ponzi scheme if left unchecked. Many people will get rich but most will lose everything or most of it. Even if we assume that the money are distributed evenly between all people - what are we going to buy with them when no one is producing anything? Commodities rarely can be money and all cryptos are predominatly commodities. Wider adoption will not make them currencies.There are many imbalances and fundamental flaws in the system that make this nearly imposible and highly undesirable.

The thing is though that the entire point of cryptocurrencies is that they were supposed to replace money. So they can't be commodities. Because then they end up being something that you buy and sell, usually to gain more money. Which not only defeats the entire point of cryptocurrencies, but even ridicules it.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Only this? No HODL, no FUD, no TTM? Weaaaaaak!

This guy needs some ASMR to calm down. @Mark @DAiDEViL

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

:tap: :tap: :tap:

- - - Updated - - -

How smart are you though? You a (theoretical) millionaire already?
Well, I had no idea about crypto currencies until last year, let alone 5 years.

But sure as hell I would have invested if I knew :D

- - - Updated - - -

And the biggest irony in all this, is US banks blocking payments for cryptos via credit cards because people might lose money and not be able to repay to bank.

But gambling sites are totally okay, not much risk there.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
If you were just a little smarter you should have invested a few hundred euros back then and be a millionaire by now, instead of being a psychopath on a football forum.
Says every speculator I've ever come to know.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I had no idea about crypto currencies until last year, let alone 5 years.

But sure as hell I would have invested if I knew :D

- - - Updated - - -

And the biggest irony in all this, is US banks blocking payments for cryptos via credit cards because people might lose money and not be able to repay to bank.

But gambling sites are totally okay, not much risk there.
Online gambling is banned too.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Because then they end up being something that you buy and sell, usually to gain more money. Which not only defeats the entire point of cryptocurrencies, but even ridicules it.
What do you mean? I order takeaway food on a weekly basis with btc, being self-governed and independent of government claws. Feeling revolutionary

Irony aside, the purpose of crypto has evolved throughout the last 2 years, towards more diverse (going beyond the monetary) use-cases. Now I'd say utility tokens make up most of crypto so the space starts resembling the dotcom era where everybody knew (except pavelnel's dad) that internet was gonna be revolutionary but nobody could tell which companies were to survive

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
What do you mean? I order takeaway food on a weekly basis with btc, being self-governed and independent of government claws. Feeling revolutionary

Irony aside, the purpose of crypto has evolved throughout the last 2 years, towards more diverse (going beyond the monetary) use-cases. Now I'd say utility tokens make up most of crypto so the space starts resembling the dotcom era where everybody knew (except pavelnel's dad) that internet was gonna be revolutionary but nobody could tell which companies were to survive
Internet was already revolutionary when dotcom bubble happened, and you're saying what every "next big thing" salesman would say.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Internet was already revolutionary when dotcom bubble happened, and you're saying what every "next big thing" salesman would say.
Always that passive aggression, lmao. 1) In late 90s internet was nowhere near adoption and the level of functionality it had even 2-3 years after dotcom, let alone 2010s 2) It's the same with blockchain, cypherpunks set it into the world but we are only now exploring the possibilities and in 10 years I can see it being omnipresent 3) What am I supposed to be selling? Not only would it be a massive favour from my part if I nudged you into the right direction, I also admitted that majority of crypto projects might die out, which is the opposite of selling.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Always that passive aggression, lmao. 1) In late 90s internet was nowhere near adoption and the level of functionality it had even 2-3 years after dotcom, let alone 2010s 2) It's the same with blockchain, cypherpunks set it into the world but we are only now exploring the possibilities and in 10 years I can see it being omnipresent 3) What am I supposed to be selling? Not only would it be a massive favour from my part if I nudged you into the right direction, I also admitted that majority of crypto projects might die out, which is the opposite of selling.
There's no passive aggression. I'm pretty direct in saying it's bullshit. Just like it looks like dotcom bubble does not mean it's anything like it. It might just be another bubble. Don't get me wrong; I think blockchain in general is revolutionary. But the idea that a currency can survive without a central regulator is bullshit.
And thanks captain obvious for telling me how internet evolved. Now this is passive aggression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 139)