Murad Meghni (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
You cant discount that, coz thats only a matter of time Desmond. Hes pretty young i believe.
yes of course,but the position of trequartista is very important in juve.we can't settle for anyone of insufficient calibre to replace neddy can we?

it's one of the few positions which can only be taken by a big star.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Absolutely, but i think by the time Nedved is done with Juve, this kid if we buy him, can and will command a starting position at the club.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
:D

i know about meghni's talents n all but all i'm saying is that he still has to improve a fair bit to be near neddy's standard.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
playmaker is very much needed, but then again, dont we have olivera for that? im starting to wonder what the future players at juve have instore.

if moggi was to buy this player, h ewould remain at bologna for 5 seasons and never actually play for juve.

Jul 28, 2002
a young, ubber talented right winger is needed....oh wait, we have gasba.......we have benji and palli up front.

We have a plethora of young cm's...jus no youn defenders...bugger...at least we are not desperate anymore.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Meghni goes under the knife
Tuesday 5 October, 2004

Bologna's rising star Mourad Meghni will be out of action for up to a month, while Roma check up on Antonio Cassano.

The teenager has gone under the knife to correct a meniscus ligament problem in his left knee, confirmed the French Under-21 side.

The injury was discovered after Sunday’s 1-0 defeat away to Palermo and he had been called up for European Championship qualifiers against the Republic of Ireland and Cyprus.

It’s a tough blow for Bologna, who were beginning to see the youngster as a key figure in their set-up.

Franco-Algerian midfielder Meghni hit the headlines this season with a brace in the 3-1 victory over Roma and has been likened to a “little Zinedine Zidane” in his homeland.

Meanwhile, Roma have denied reports that they are checking up on Antonio Cassano after he missed today’s training session.

“I was surprised by the publicity that was given to my house visit,” said club doctor Mario Brozzi after he went to the players’ home. “This is a perfectly normal routine that I always stick to for our squad members.”

The fiery Giallorossi star did not attend training this morning due to the recurrence of a flu virus that had also caused problems last week.

“It is a normal flu,” added Doctor Brozzi, “and Cassano is already feeling a bit better. I expect that tomorrow he will be able to train with the others.”

channel4.com

Luigito

Mar 22, 2003
Menghi in France is considered to be the next Zidane. I remember that juve last year almost capture menghi, but he rest in Bologna. In the deal was included Cipriani.

Talking about Meghi, i think that he can bring a lot to juve in the next years. How nows? remember that Zizu cvame to juve in a silent , and after that...

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
Meghni... why not..? He has good technique and balance, though he is still young and not really proven. And 2 playmakers for the future (Olivera) why not??? Nobody minds about Deco and Ronaldinho plays together right?

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
He is a good player, but i dont think anyone would say "the next Zidane" if it hadnt been for the fact that he is half algerian. But anyway i dont think Juve need a playmaker today, only when Nedved quits. Zlatan is also a kind of playmaker himself.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Juve make Meghni enquiry

Juventus are understood to have made tentative enquiries for Bologna starlet Mourad Meghni.

The French midfielder is rapidly establishing himself as one of the brightest young talents in European football and has caught the eye of Juve coach Fabio Capello.

Meghni has enjoyed a fine start to the new Serie A season, scoring twice in four appearances for Bologna.

He is currently sidelined with a knee injury but Juventus are believed to be exploring the possibility of adding Meghni to their ranks.

Manchester United and Marseille have been past suitors of the 20-year-old and are likely to be following his progress with interest.

The playmaker is contracted to Bologna until 2007 and the club's supremo Giuseppe Gazzoni Frascara is loath to lose Meghni.

Frascara has already slapped a €10 million price tag on Meghni in an attempt to warn off the vultures.

Though concrete negotiations have not taken place, it is believed Juve general manager Luciano Moggi has spoken about Meghni with Bologna officials.

I can't believe that nobody posted this earlier...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
seems he's both french and algerian,same as zidane;)

this guy's got talent.hopefully capello will be more willing to utilize him than lippi and moggi were with youngsters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)