MTV Unplugged (1 Viewer)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Does MTV Unplugged exist anymore? I remember when all the alt/grunge bands such as Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, and Pearl Jam all had MTV Unplugged performances. I think that performing unplugged being very honest, especially in that Nirvana one (Pennyroyal Tea, very chilling with just Kurt playing and singing). Are there any bands you would like to see unplugged?

Buy on AliExpress.com

River

Jun 15, 2004
I think it still exists but dont think they push out the cds anymore. I remember seeing Stain'd Unplugged on MTV about a year or so ago. So i guess its still around, maybe only shown in the states though.

Nirvana Unplugged was amazing, definately the best. But other great ones are Eric Clapton (tears in heaven was nice), Bryan Adams, Alanis Morisette.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I don't watch MTV all that much, but I have not seen Unplugged on MTV-Europe for a while now...

In the past they used to air older shows.

OP
Max

Max

Jul 15, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    It's impossible to find on DVD. There's a whole bunch of copied ones on Ebay, but I want good quality.

OP
    Max

Max

Jul 15, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Yeah i have the cd, I wanna see it again live, surround sound.

Dharurat

Oct 16, 2002
    mtv will continue doing those unplugged sessions, and once in a while they will bring out the CD's... it makes money for them, why should they stop?

pretty much everyone who's even vaguely "made" it will have a "unplugged" session at one point... nirvana, 10,000 maniacs, metallica, mariah carey, justin timberlake... u name it, they'll eventually sell it....

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    GNR's unplugged would be totally awesome.
    Yeah its a real pity they never did one. Although you can get alot of acoustic versions of their songs on the net.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    you could be the new emma of the forums.. i wasnt there at the time but there were incidents that happened that somehow no one wants to tell me :fero: !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)