Movies you've seen recently... (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Personally 2 characters especially make that show greatness for me, hans moleman and disco stu :tup:
i should be offended but grounskeeper willie is hilarious

to principal skinner-"ya knicker-wearing-willy-hugger"

homer is hilarious, even the way he talks. Homer rules.

I saw all those episodes except when he steals fat, its not ringing a bell
homer learns that he can sell old used fat for money(buys a half pound of bacon,cooks it and cans the fat, despite the bacon being worth more)

tries to steal the fat from the school grease-traps, gets beaten up by willie for stealing his "retirement grease"

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Average show. The main character has to carry the series, the show offer nothing else besides him. The stories are all the same, thus repetitive and not quite credible.
He's better than Camo. :D

Tha main character does caryy the show but only because he's simply a brilliant character. Brilliant doctor tortured by his own pain which he manifests through childish high school humor? Come on what's there not to like?

I wouldn't agree he's the only thing the show has to offer, the other characters are quite interesting as well, especially Foreman who's so against him even though they're really similar. The stories are very good IMO and more than any other "hospital" show they actually feauture patients dying.

You're just a rebel Dom, you don't like what most people like, you can't help that. :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Average show. The main character has to carry the series, the show offer nothing else besides him. The stories are all the same, thus repetitive and not quite credible.
He does carry the series, but no less than, say, Jack Bauer does 24. No big deal.

As for the stories, they're typically based on real cases. That's why there's four doctors working for the show. Also, there are some interesting arcs from time to time. I'm happy to watch some standalone shows. I'm getting sick of stuff where missing an episode leads to you spending the next one on your knees, yelling "What the hell is going on?" for the entire episode.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
He's better than Camo. :D
Wash your mouth :D.

Tha main character does caryy the show but only because he's simply a brilliant character. Brilliant doctor tortured by his own pain which he manifests through childish high school humor? Come on what's there not to like?

I wouldn't agree he's the only thing the show has to offer, the other characters are quite interesting as well, especially Foreman who's so against him even though they're really similar.
To me he carries the show more out of necessity. I find the rest of the cast so bland and personality-less, including ER-reject Foreman.

The stories are very good IMO and more than any other "hospital" show they actually feauture patients dying.
The episodes all follow the same structure; patient with mysterious decease comes in, nobody knows what it is and how to treat it, patient almost dies, House figures it out.

You're just a rebel Dom, you don't like what most people like, you can't help that. :D
Perhaps :D. Talking about hospital shows though, I think the earlier E.R. series are a lot better than House. And guess what, patients die :D.

He does carry the series, but no less than, say, Jack Bauer does 24. No big deal.
24 is even worse, so that isn't going to convince me :D.

As for the stories, they're typically based on real cases. That's why there's four doctors working for the show. Also, there are some interesting arcs from time to time. I'm happy to watch some standalone shows. I'm getting sick of stuff where missing an episode leads to you spending the next one on your knees, yelling "What the hell is going on?" for the entire episode.
Well, I can't really comment on it's realism then. I still don't like the stories though.

Watch Law and Order, now that's a very well written standalone show.

change your sig dom :D
It's called loyalty :stuckup:.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
The episodes all follow the same structure; patient with mysterious decease comes in, nobody knows what it is and how to treat it, patient almost dies, House figures it out.
Try reading some Sherlock Holmes (which they're happy to clumsily reference). Same idea. Classic stories. Clearly, it doesn't work for you, but the fun is in the puzzle, not the direction.

Watch Law and Order, now that's a very well written standalone show.
Not my cup of tea. Different tastes! :)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

To me he carries the show more out of necessity. I find the rest of the cast so bland and personality-less, including ER-reject Foreman.
I honestly don't, I think all the characters are really well made and they click with the main character very well.

Well yeah, that's the theme of the show after all, they're a special theme that solves hard cases. It still offers some side stories, House's pain, midlife crisis, the guy that bought the hospital and wanted to get rid of House, the cop that wanted to shut him down, etc. There's really much more to the show and I get the feeling you're jut a casual watcher of the show, meaning you watch it here and there, and not a real follower it. I think the show has a lot of qualities and you're actually the first person I heard say he doesn't like it.

Perhaps :D. Talking about hospital shows though, I think the earlier E.R. series are a lot better than House. And guess what, patients die :D.
I never liked ER, I always thought it was a girlie show. :p The best medical show after House IMO was Chicago Hope. It wasn't popular as the two but it had something, probably that crazy Geiger(you'll know if you watched it). :D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Written by The Man! (Mario Puzo)

Stars Danny Aiello, Jason Gedrick, Joe Mantegna, Kirstie Alley & Patsy Kensit.
Actually 2 mini series made into 2 full length films. The Last Don (4 hrs) The Last Don 2 (3 hrs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)