Movies you've seen recently... (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I really hated Brokeback Mountain. Was pretty bored with the story.

Saw F 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer. I was sorely disappointed. It started off promisingly but tanked pretty badly. Doom was far more a formidable enemy in part I when he was supposed to be much more powerful in part II. :disagree: Pathetic. And Galaxtus, :tdown:, they totally wasted a character. I felt so ripped off by the end of it. I didn't expect great but I expected better than that.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
anyways, watched The Da Vinci Code... loved it!
Here's 2 for you, Dheeraj...if you haven't already seen them.
Ghosts of Mars - Ice Cube, Natasha Henstridge. I read the book years ago & even though I knew what to expect, it blew my mind! Soundtrack by Metallica. Need I say more?
The Crow - Brandon Lee. I'm just going to watch this. I have it on good authority it's very watchable. :smoke:

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Saw Transformers finally! :D In the words of Megan Fox, it was just sick! :D The wow factor was just up there. It was not a great story by any means, with plot holes here and there but the action was just wow and the movie was entertaining enough to keep your interest. In fact it was definitely more action than story. I only ever watched the Beast Wars Series so I was only familiar with Optimus and Megatron. I loved the fact that they utilised Megatron so much. Too often we see half-hearted bad guys who go out too easily but Megatron is just as powerful as he is in the series. This is definitely a guys movie so watch if you get the chance.

Spoilers, read at your own risk:

-Optimus' fighting skills were a little less impressive than I thought they would be. In fact Megatron pretty much stole the show in terms of the more authorative character for me.
-There were times during the fight sequences where I got confused as to which were the autobots and which were the decepticons as they looked so similar. Megatron and Optimus were both radically different colours so they could have looked into this for the rest of the bots.

And yes I am done now. ;)

Apr 15, 2006
Ghosts of Mars - Ice Cube, Natasha Henstridge. I read the book years ago & even though I knew what to expect, it blew my mind! Soundtrack by Metallica. Need I say more?
The Crow - Brandon Lee. I'm just going to watch this. I have it on good authority it's very watchable. :smoke:
thanx carlo!will check em out! :)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
the crow was an awesome movie, i still love that film

sat and watched pan's labyrinth the other day and all i can say is WOW, what a fantastic movie. a real grown up fairy tale that is fantastic to watch

i also watched ong-bak, superb fighting scenes that make your jaw drop

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Saw F 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer. I was sorely disappointed. It started off promisingly but tanked pretty badly. Doom was far more a formidable enemy in part I when he was supposed to be much more powerful in part II. :disagree: Pathetic. And Galaxtus, :tdown:, they totally wasted a character. I felt so ripped off by the end of it. I didn't expect great but I expected better than that.
The ending sucked.

SPOILERS

He could have stopped him at any time. Therefore there is no pathos to his story. Argh, I hate Hollywood scriptwriters. They're all morons.

END SPOILERS

That film sucks.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i saw Harry Potter last saturday, it was not good at all, barely any action. The previous 4 were all much better.

Today i saw Green Street Hooligans, been wanting to see it but never got round to it, pleased that i actually watched it. It spoke to me.
Any other football films worth watching?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i saw Harry Potter last saturday, it was not good at all, barely any action. The previous 4 were all much better.

Today i saw Green Street Hooligans, been wanting to see it but never got round to it, pleased that i actually watched it. It spoke to me.
Any other football films worth watching?
said before and say it again, look out for ID, great movie

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006

OotP was definitely my least favourite book thus far so I don't expect the movie to be any better. The movies has also come no where close to doing the books justice in my opinion. I still have to read HBP though since my grandmother had died the day after the book came out and I haven't picked up since. Will probably start it tomorrow since the 7th one is coming out in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)