Movies you've seen recently... (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Honestly at the time I couldn't decide if I was repulsed, humoured, offended, mildly disturbed, or all of the above lol. I thought I was pretty open minded since I had liked Dogma so much but at the time I really wasn't prepared for SP. In the end though I said to myself that it's a show that pokes fun of so many ideals so I just sat back and enjoyed.
South Park is very offensive. If you can handle that, it's also very funny, and has some of the best satire on TV. If you can't, it's just not for you.

I saw Die Hard 4 tonight. Not normally a movie I'd go watch at the cinema but my best friend and I were fighting over that and Fantastic 4. In the end she won out because we got there too late for my movie. :p Anyway! It was actually enjoyable. Yes the plot was weak for some parts, some parts were just plain tacky and some parts were a bit over the top, but I was expecting as much. All in all really enjoyable once you don't go in expecting a masterpiece. It's sheer entertainment.

Transformers opens here on Wednesday. :D Can't wait for that one.

Oh and is it just me or are chickflicks, which I used to love watching once upon a time, just getting bland and repetitive?
I enjoyed Die Hard 4. It's good fun. :)

I'm looking forward to Transformers - hearing nothing but good things about it.

Fantastic Four 2 is okay, but the ending is very weak. Don't expect much from it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
South Park is very offensive. If you can handle that, it's also very funny, and has some of the best satire on TV. If you can't, it's just not for you.
I thought it was brilliant...but that's because it's a cartoon...I'd have hated it if it had been real people, if that makes sense...

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006

I enjoyed Die Hard 4. It's good fun. :)

I'm looking forward to Transformers - hearing nothing but good things about it.

Fantastic Four 2 is okay, but the ending is very weak. Don't expect much from it.

I have gotten cable since then so I managed to catch a few South Park episodes after that. Can't say that I am addicted to it but my brother seems to love it so I get to see it whether I want to or not. It's pretty funny once the initial shock wears off. :)

As for Fantastic Four, it looks doubtful I'll go see it anytime soon as everytime we go to the movies I get swayed to see something else. I suffered through Knocked Up. :p I think the next time I'm going I'll inform no one that I am going. ;)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Confessions of a dangerous mind :tup:

I've seen this flick about a 100 times and its still class. You can’t ask for more from a film, its an autobiography with suspense, international intrigue and sex. Greatness, and highly recommended.

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
Just saw Transformers.... I must say that it was a fun and exiting film, but without all the superb special effects it wouldn't be much to spend money on...

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
The Expert - Jeff Speakman, James Brolin, & Elvis's old buddy Red West.
Violence - predictable! Acting - 2'nd rate... Hell, all the makings of a Hollywood smash!

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Watched on TV last night FAVELA RISING, documents a man and a movement, a city divided and a favela (Brazilian squatter settlement) united. Haunted by the murders of his family and many of his friends, Anderson Sá is a former drug-trafficker who turns social revolutionary in Rio de Janeiro’s most feared slum. Through hip-hop music, the rhythms of the street, and Afro-Brazilian dance he rallies his community to counteract the violent oppression enforced by teenage drug armies and sustained by corrupt police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)