Movies you've seen recently... (63 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So I've heard. I heard an interview last week on the radio with the director and was really impressed.

Did you see the Oscar nominations today?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
yea...Robert Downey Jr. for Tropic Thunder????!!! and the Slumdog kid didn't get nominated :shocked:
RDJ was awesome in Tropic Thunder, but I didn't think it would get an Oscar nod. Supporting actor is wrapped up for Heath Ledger or the guy from Revolutionary Road.

Slumdog did get 11 nominations though. That's a lot.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
RDJ was awesome in Tropic Thunder, but I didn't think it would get an Oscar nod. Supporting actor is wrapped up for Heath Ledger or the guy from Revolutionary Road.

Slumdog did get 11 nominations though. That's a lot.
exactly...not what the Academy members usually go for

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I read a synopsis of the movie today and now I can't wait to see it.
I'm hoping to catch Slumdog when it plays at the small theater in my college town later this month. It only plays movies on the weekend and it only plays good movies. It's pretty cool to see, it being a converted Opera House and all.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Fucking AWESOME that RDJ got the oscar nod for that genius comedic acting :lol: While watching the movie, was thinking what a sick actor he is, thinking its sad it wont get recognition just because its in a comedy, happy to see I was wrong!

Pretty cool if he won, my first choice is Heath Ledgers Joker, which was just insane. Though I havent seen the other candidates yet.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not because he is dead (everyone harps on about that), he was really really intensely possessed by his character. what a thespian.

Thought he was brilliant eitherway, it seems his demise isnt used only to elevate him as death usually does, but so many also descredit his brilliant role by saying he is talked about for it because of his death.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
ĵџvє_вãвγ;1874107 said:
finally i saw 300, i didnt like it so much but i admit visually it was great..***..
I liked it but I have to say that I could not agree more on the visuals...especially a visual named Gerard Butler. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)