Movie trouble (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
If any of you genius' could shine their light over this matter I would be eternally grateful!

I recently downloaded a movie, opened it with Windows Media Player (first mistake right there I suppose :D) but the picture was all slow. Meaning it kept freezing, resulting into it only changing once every 5 seconds. Its like watching a fecking slide show!

So I tried opening it with Quick Time Player, RealPlayer and Divx Player, none of them wanted to even open it. They all gave some sort of error except Divx Player but that one, instead of the actual movie, displayed some sort of freakish test screen, all flickering green over the screen, the movie was unrecognisable.

So then I went back to trying to open it with WMP but the picture had disappeared :wth: It only played the sound, the screen was black!!

Any thoughts or advices? It's a '.avi' file btw. I already copied it to another folder and tried renaming it '.mov', '.ram', '.mpeg' - that didn't work.

Buy on AliExpress.com

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
If any of you genius' could shine their light over this matter I would be eternally grateful!

I recently downloaded a movie, opened it with Windows Media Player (first mistake right there I suppose :D) but the picture was all slow. Meaning it kept freezing, resulting into it only changing once every 5 seconds. Its like watching a fecking slide show!

So I tried opening it with Quick Time Player, RealPlayer and Divx Player, none of them wanted to even open it. They all gave some sort of error except Divx Player but that one, instead of the actual movie, displayed some sort of freakish test screen, all flickering green over the screen, the movie was unrecognisable.

So then I went back to trying to open it with WMP but the picture had disappeared :wth: It only played the sound, the screen was black!!

Any thoughts or advices? It's a '.avi' file btw. I already copied it to another folder and tried renaming it '.mov', '.ram', '.mpeg' - that didn't work.
It seems that theres a missing codec in ur pc:

http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

the file is xvid112502.exe

hope this helps

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    Wohoo!!! That worked!!!!

Marwan, you're a bloody genius!! :thumb::strong::cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)