Mourinho speaks (1 Viewer)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Today I read what a person Mourinho is:

From: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sport...e=jose--i-need-five-bodyguards-name_page.html

JOSE: I NEED FIVE BODYGUARDS

CHELSEA boss Jose Mourinho has compared his Porto return to a visit to Mafia country and demanded extra protection for the match in 10 days.

The Portuguese boss is back at the club he coached to the Champions League title on December 7, but fears a backlash after fierce criticism of the way he left them in the summer.

Mourinho was asked if he needs four of five bodyguards for the visit and said: "Yes. If you visit Palermo (Sicily) you probably also need them."

Mourinho's lawyer Paulo Calcada has requested the special security following the first clash between the two sides in Group G when the manager was spat at by Porto fans as he sat near them before kick-off.

He brushed off the incident after the match that Chelsea won 3-1.

Under Portuguese law, the Porto supporters who spat on Mourinho should be barred from the return game and put in temporary detention during Mourinho's stay.

Mourinho led Porto to the Portuguese championship in successive seasons and the UEFA Cup as well as the Champions League before switching to Chelsea in June.

But he revealed last night that he had received a death threat on the night before Porto beat Monaco to land the Champions League trophy in Gelsenkirchen, Germany.

Replying to an urgent message which had been left on a director's mobile phone, Mourinho was told: "As soon as the final is over, consider yourself a dead man because we will get you and, as soon as you get back to Oporto, your fate is sealed".

Mourinho reveals in his new book Made in Portugal that the call was traced back to a leading figure in the Oporto underworld.

Not only Mourinho is arrogant, but he's also very ignorant too!
Who does he think he is to speak in this way about Palermo?
He should be told that Italy is not as the stupid tv show "Soprano's" describe it. Here, as everywhere, there is people that are honest and people that aren't. What does he think? That Sicily is like the far west?
As we say here in italy, he lost a chance to keep his mouth shut.

I'm furious and I wish him all the worst with his team :fero:

Sorry, I don't even know if this is the right forum to post this, but I needed to do it :groan:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
ok you are right... but mourinho has a good side too.. He thinks that juve is one of the best sides in europe.. he wanted to win his group to avoid juve in the next round of CL..

OP
isha00

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Well, he would be a fool not to think it ;)

But he remains a ignorant and racist person, in my opinion :groan:

Dec 27, 2003
    Isha,

What you are observing is the typical anti-Italian bitterness characterizing a fair share of the football populace living on that small misty island soaking off the coast of Brittany, also referred to as Britain. Juventus fans must already be familiar with the downright racist remarks Lady Alex Ferguson has the habit of making when facing Juventus, and it seems Mourinho has already caught the tune. If I didn't know what a great country with stupendous people Portugal is, I would say he just wishes the dirthole he comes from was anything like Sicily.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
    Well, he would be a fool not to think it ;)

But he remains a ignorant and racist person, in my opinion :groan:

ignorant, ok, a jerk, for sure, but racist?

OP
    isha00

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    yes, racist.
    For me racism is not only against black people, jews, etc.
    He is racist because he thinks that sicilians are a race that goes around robbing, killing and so on.

Too bad he never went there to see what a wonderful place it is and what kind of people live there.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Mourinho might be a good manager, but he would certainly lack my respect if I would be playing fom him. He shows little compassion if at all, and reminds me of a slave trader in respect of how he treats his players.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
    ok you are right... but mourinho has a good side too.. He thinks that juve is one of the best sides in europe.. he wanted to win his group to avoid juve in the next round of CL..
    :)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++
    he's getting arrogant ... what's wrong with him !!! he didn't seem arrogant when he was at Porto
    I disagree. He definitely had that reputation at Porto -- and it wasn't just his volleys with Ferguson either (though Mourinho got the best of Sir Alex big time on several levels last CL).

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Mourinho is cool. Tells it like it is, his press conferences are actually very funny :D
    I've been reading most of the above crap with disbelief. You are the only person who shares my views.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)