Mourad Meghni - Zizou jr.? (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
This guy is being much praised these days being linked with the top three clubs and all.

Do you really think he is that good?

If this is the same guy, I think I shook hands with him. He was part of the French under 17 squad two years ago that won the Under 17 championship hosted in my country.

Yep, he was pretty good and I did notice he was Zidane-like.

If this is the same guy I am talking about, I shook hands with the future Zinedine :cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
|He was impressive for Bologna and showed some good touches but he did blot his copy book by missing a chance which could have put Bologna 3 -1 up but over all he played very well

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Just because the guy is French - originally Algerian - and plays in the same position as Zidane doesn't make Mourad Meghni a Zizou Jr. In Argentina, hunderds of players were labeled the new Maradona, but none are even close to that great player. I wish Meghni proves me wrong and really develops into a great player, but until then, I don't think he has what it takes to be the next Zidane or Zizou Jr.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
this meghni guy is pretty good on CM, I actually thought he was zizou's re-gen but he wasn't. HE got a bit crap in the end

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Again, never seen him in real life, though he rocks in CM. He's young enough that if he's starring for Bologna already, he can improve a lot and become a good player.

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    Just because the guy is French - originally Algerian - and plays in the same position as Zidane doesn't make Mourad Meghni a Zizou Jr. In Argentina, hunderds of players were labeled the new Maradona, but none are even close to that great player. I wish Meghni proves me wrong and really develops into a great player, but until then, I don't think he has what it takes to be the next Zidane or Zizou Jr.
    you sound like I, myself, labelled him Zizou jr, but it is not me. The people who write the articles labell him as this. Not me ;)

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    Does anyone know if he played with the French U-17 squad that won the title about two years back?

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    you sound like I, myself, labelled him Zizou jr, but it is not me. The people who write the articles labell him as this. Not me ;)

I know mate .. it's not you .. it's the press that sometimes even ruin players' careers by giving them much more attention than they really should get .. I was reading an article the other day about how much the English media is talking about wonder kid Wayne Rooney and that this might actually 'burn' him and affect him negatively as he might not handle the public at a very young age .. I was/am really impressed with how Beckham is dealing with it though ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)