Mountain Boarding (1 Viewer)

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    so u like danger dont u! than maybe u should consider sky-boarding (diving) ...i wont mind trying that :D.
    sky diving is for adrenealine junky amatuers. I am really into base jumping. That is really awesome.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    Yes, it is very much more dangerous. Base Jumping is where you jump off something very big with a parachute on. It's more fun and dangerous than ski diving, because you only have a split second to react and deploy your schute. Also, there is a chance that you could knock into whatever you jumped off of. I've done base Jumps off of buildings, bridges, cliffs, and once I went to mexico and jumped down into a giant sink hole, then climbed out. it was amazing.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++Also, there is a chance that you could knock into whatever you jumped off of.
    Gee...that sounds like fun!! :D

I think I've seen this on TV sometime! The most famous point for practising this sport was apparently some rock in Venezuela where it takes 5 days to climb and reach the top and the actual fall takes only 13 seconds or something...

So much work for such a short climax...

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    Gee...that sounds like fun!! :D

I think I've seen this on TV sometime! The most famous point for practising this sport was apparently some rock in Venezuela where it takes 5 days to climb and reach the top and the actual fall takes only 13 seconds or something...

So much work for such a short climax...
    Well, it is the biggest rush I've ever gotten from anything, so I think that it's worth it.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    Yes, I have, and I'd like to go sometime, but I don't have five days to waste.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    Don't say that, I know guys that I used to jump with who've had to have amputations from crazy stuff like that!

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    :undecide: Really?

Let me rephrase: Well, good luck on your next jump and return home in one piece!
    Thanks, I'll try.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    there's been MANY base jumping deaths in norway recently. to me, it doesn't seem worth it to take such a big risk. be carefull Ian

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    there's been MANY base jumping deaths in norway recently. to me, it doesn't seem worth it to take such a big risk. be carefull Ian
    I am very careful mate. I prepare my own schute, and I prepare my own jump site and I do my own atmosphere checks. I've based jumped more than 20 times, and I know what I'm doing. But, if it wasn't dangerous it wouldn't be fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)