Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #24
    And Lorenzo is a Barca fan. Jack must love FIAT Yamaha :D

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I'm not a fan of the sport that much, so I can't say I cheer for anyone there, I just dislike Rossi.

OP
    icemaη

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #26
    Despite them being fans of clubs I loathe, I love Rossi and I admire Lorenzo. Big fan of Yamaha too. Always have been.

OP
    icemaη

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #27
    Rossi hasn't missed a race in 15 years. Thats extraordinary.

OP
    icemaη

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #28
    Okay, I've missed almost the whole season :sergio: Anyone been following?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I'm not a fan of the sport that much, so I can't say I cheer for anyone there, I just dislike Rossi.
    I don't know if you've ever seen him in an interview or anything. He's a great guy. I know he likes Inter and I know he's a friend of Matrix, but he's just so damn likeable. And stuff like "you don't need to be able to walk to drive a motorcycle" is pretty funny.

His passion for Inter is awful obviously and you can dislike Rossi for all I care, but as a person I think he's okay.

OP
    icemaη

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #31
    I don't know if you've ever seen him in an interview or anything. He's a great guy. I know he likes Inter and I know he's a friend of Matrix, but he's just so damn likeable. And stuff like "you don't need to be able to walk to drive a motorcycle" is pretty funny.
    :tup:

Really, really talented and quite a character too.

OP
    icemaη

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #35
    I'm not Italian though :D
    I'm a big Yamaha fan. Not only the team but the brand itself. So Rossi at Yamaha is the best I could ever want. He'll do really well at Ducati, but somehow I won't feel the same about it.

OP
    icemaη

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #36
    The Doctor said:
    "It is very difficult to explain in just a few words what my relationship with Yamaha has been in these past seven years.

"Many things have changed since that far-off time in 2004, but especially 'she', my M1, has changed. At that time she was a poor middle-grid position MotoGP bike, derided by most of the riders and the MotoGP workers. Now, after having helped her to grow and improve, you can see her smiling in her garage, courted and admired, treated as the 'top of the class'.

"The list of the people that made this transformation possible is very long, but I would like to thank anyway Masao Furusawa, Masahiko Nakajima and 'my' Hiroya Atsumi, as representatives of all the engineers that worked hard to change the face of our M1. Then Jeremy Burgess and all my guys in the garage, who took care of her with love on all the tracks of the world and also all the men and women that have worked in the Yamaha team during these years.

"Now the moment has come to look for new challenges; my work here at Yamaha is finished. Unfortunately even the most beautiful love stories finish, but they leave a lot of wonderful memories, like when my M1 and I kissed for the first time on the grass at Welkom, when she looked straight in my eyes and told me 'I love you!'"
    :touched:

More than anything Ducati will gain from his testing skills. The man knows how he wants a machine and he'll not rest until he achieves that. IMO it'll be between Lorenzo and Rossi next year.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Shoya Tomizawa, the Japanese Moto2 rider, has died after a crash during the San Marino grand prix, according to Dr Claudio Costa, who is part of the motorcycling world championship's medical team.

Riders in the premier MotoGP class were informed after their race.

"I found out now, when things like this happen nothing else matters," the MotoGP world champion, Valentino Rossi, told Mediaset television. "He was a lovely guy, it was a horrible accident."

Tomizawa, who rode for the Suter team, was travelling at full speed when he fell off on a corner and was hit by the bikes of Alex De Angelis and Scott Redding, who both fell but looked relatively unhurt.

The race continued, despite the protests of television commentators who said it should be stopped, and was won by Spain's Toni Elias.

Moto2 is the former 250cc category below MotoGP.

so sad...R.I.P

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    the crash was pretty bad, he fell and got hit by another bike...they didnt stop the race though.

really really sad, he was so young.

OP
    icemaη

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
  • Thread Starter #40
    Alex De Angelis and Scott Redding will probably have nightmares all their lives now. Just 19 years old man. Sad, really, really sad. Nothing could have been done though, it was just a freak accident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)