Moto GP (3 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Rossi proves he is still the best. The man is a legend. Props to Lorenzo for being a good sport. Stoner the Moaner doing what he does best yet again; searching for excuses :sigh: :disagree:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Lorenzo pens new deal with Yamaha

Jorge Lorenzo will remain as Valentino Rossi's MotoGP team-mate at Yamaha in 2010 after signing a one-year extension to his contract.

The 22-year-old Spaniard, currently second in the standings behind Rossi, had been linked to rivals Honda.

"We are proud he has decided to stay, despite receiving some very serious approaches from our competitors," said Yamaha Racing director Lin Jarvis.

"We have no doubt he has the ability and drive to become world champion."

The announcement comes after two months of speculation over the future of Lorenzo, who is 50 points behind Rossi in the MotoGP standings.

Speaking before the British Grand Prix a month ago, Lorenzo, whose original contract expired at the end of the season, said staying with Yamaha was his "first option".

But he added that he wanted to feel that he was more appreciated and had received offers from other manufacturers.

The former world 250cc champion said in the build-up to the race at Donington on 26 July: "It's not a question of money, it's a question of do Yamaha want me or does another brand want me more.

"I think Yamaha want me to stay but I don't know how much they want me."

The current contract of Yamaha's other rider, Rossi, was signed before the global recession kicked in and Lorenzo hinted in July that the financial disparity with his team-mate had been part of the problem.

Despite denying that money was the stumbling block over contract negotiations, Lorenzo stated: "Yamaha has two very talented riders - maybe they don't have the potential to offer to the two riders the same."

British rider James Toseland, whose Tech 3 Yamaha deal expires at the end of the campaign, will also be relieved Lorenzo has committed his immediate future to the team.

The former double World Superbike champion, the only Briton competing in motorcycling's elite class, said recently: "We're all waiting for Lorenzo to decide if he's going to stay as that will decide what seats are up for grabs."

Rossi won the latest Czech MotoGP at Brno on 16 August to extend his championship lead after Lorenzo crashed out when leading.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/8219862.stm

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Lorenzo had a spotless race last time around it seems. And Rossi had one to forget... I saw half the race and then had to go out. That guy is definitely a talent, good thing Yamaha held on to him...
btw, I'm digging the new Fiat Yamaha colours...

Aug 1, 2003
RIP MARCO SIMONCELLI. SO HEARTBREAKING WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW. AND TO THINK I TURNED NOW LAST WEEK'S MOTOGP IN AUSTRALIA FOR UNI WORK, AND HE WAS ON THE PODIUM FOR THE LAST TIME. SO SAD.

God, wonder how Edwards must feel like right now :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)