Most passionate rivalry? (9 Viewers)

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
Zamalek-Al-Ahly in Egypt. The rivalry's so bad and intense that the following are done whenever they are playing:
1) The 2 matches in the League and any other time they meet are played in a neutral venue, Cairo National Stadium.
2) A foreign referee is always brought in to officiate. When Hugh Dallas blew the match, Zamalek fans wanted to kill him. Why? He gave Al-Ahly a deserved penalty.
3) No player has ever gone from one team to the other. Not even by way of another club. Hasn't happened, don't think it will happen. His own family would stab him...
oh that really sounds like rivalry :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Erm, lest I forget, Stationery Stores, 3SC, and Enugu Rangers until the recent emergence of Enyimba as the dominant force, were the 3 most successful Nigerian clubsides in terms of trophies, fans and popularity.

They had this interesting 3 way rivalry thingy going...

So bad that it was an accepted fact that whenever any 2 of the clubs were playing, humans would loose their lives.

Igeniwari George, the younger brother of Finidi George used to play for Enugu Rangers, and in the last 3SC-Rangers match, he had the audacity to score against 3SC in Adamasingba!

To make a sadly stupid story short, he was shot to death by an irate fan after the match. They caught the guy who did it, and...

3SC were docked 18 points for not being able to keep their fans in order. They got relegated that season, and had a freefall into the amateur division.

Stationary Stores got relegated the next season, but never met 3SC cos 3SC were relegated again. When Stores went down to the amateurs, 3SC went up, so they avoided each other.

3SC have been promoted to the Premier Division now, so it'll be interesting to watch 3SC-Enugu Rangers this season...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'd normally say Boca-River in general. But with the way that the Lazio-Roma derby has shaped up in recent years -- riots, cancellations, facist salutes -- you gotta hand the dented trophy to them.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Ice Hockey: Sweden-Canada
Sweden-Finland ( maybe)
Detroit Redwings-Colorado Avalanche
American Football: Vikings-Packers
NCAA Football: Ohio-Michigan
Football: Juventus-Milan
River Plate- Boca Juniors
Italy-Brazil
Turkey-Greece

Cricket: India-Pakistan

Baseball (not that i care)- Boston Red Sox-New York Yankees

NCAA Basketball- Duke- North Carolina U.
Duke- Maryland

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Zamalek-Al-Ahly in Egypt. The rivalry's so bad and intense that the following are done whenever they are playing:
1) The 2 matches in the League and any other time they meet are played in a neutral venue, Cairo National Stadium.
2) A foreign referee is always brought in to officiate. When Hugh Dallas blew the match, Zamalek fans wanted to kill him. Why? He gave Al-Ahly a deserved penalty.
3) No player has ever gone from one team to the other. Not even by way of another club. Hasn't happened, don't think it will happen. His own family would stab him...
i fully agree.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
You said Ohio University Bobcats, not The Ohio State University Buckeyes, chump.

And there are more bitter rivalries than those anyway.
This is what I said: "Ohio-Michigan" Where the hell does it say Ohio University Bobcats???? And calm down, why do you have to an asshole all the time.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #55
    Blackburn-Burnley, apparently is meant to be passionate it was on last week, and there was alot of trouble but not on a major scale, although so did come on the pitch and wanted to kick Robbie Savages ass...funny enough so did everyone else...

May 30, 2004
    i kno the rivalry is bad.. am not sure about most of the stuff you said but number 3 is false... u got ibrahim saeed ..i think and the baldy brothers... but ur right about the rivalry am with zamalek but we get beaten up more coz ahly fans are lik wht 60 percent of egypt we are like 30 maxxx

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #60
    I have a question, is there a player at Al Ahly called Osama? A blonde hair kid played for the Egypt Under-18s???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)