Montreal (1 Viewer)

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
Hey...

I'm going to Montreal tomorrow.

Where are the football shops? And where are the best bars?
Wow tomorrow? :eek:
When did you decide that? :D
And how do you go? By plane?

OP
Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by €lke ] ++

Wow tomorrow? :eek:
    When did you decide that? :D
    And how do you go? By plane?
    No, I'm going by car. I am not too far away from the Canadian border.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    As far as clubs go, try Club BLU on Stanley Ave, or Club Sona, which is located where the old Montreal Forum is located. That place is an after hours club, and usually opens a t 3 AM.

Rue Saint Catherine's also has some great strip clubs, such as Club Supersexe, if that's your thing. (even if it isn't, I implore you to go there, the women are beyond description. Even my wife enjoyed herself there). You can also head on over to International Cafe on St. Catherine's, which is located in the business district of Montreal after all is said and done for an espresso and a fine Cuban Cigar.

Football Gear? wouldn't know. That kind of stuff is the absolute last thing on my mind when going to one of the most gorgeous cities in the world. Any sports stuff I've bought is Montreal Canadiens stuff at the Bell Centre on matchday.

There is also a little strip of clubs about 2 km's north of the Bell Centre on Crescent St. which happen to include the Hard Rock Cafe. The best Irish Car Bombs you could ever have.

Word of advice. Bring Money. Not because everything is expensive, but you will shop your ass off over there. There is a 5 story mall on Rue St. Catherine's where you can get the best stuff for around 40% less than you would in the US.

Hope this helps.

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
    As far as clubs go, try Club BLU on Stanley Ave, or Club Sona, which is located where the old Montreal Forum is located. That place is an after hours club, and usually opens a t 3 AM.

Rue Saint Catherine's also has some great strip clubs, such as Club Supersexe, if that's your thing. (even if it isn't, I implore you to go there, the women are beyond description. Even my wife enjoyed herself there). You can also head on over to International Cafe on St. Catherine's, which is located in the business district of Montreal after all is said and done for an espresso and a fine Cuban Cigar.

Football Gear? wouldn't know. That kind of stuff is the absolute last thing on my mind when going to one of the most gorgeous cities in the world. Any sports stuff I've bought is Montreal Canadiens stuff at the Bell Centre on matchday.

There is also a little strip of clubs about 2 km's north of the Bell Centre on Crescent St. which happen to include the Hard Rock Cafe. The best Irish Car Bombs you could ever have.

Word of advice. Bring Money. Not because everything is expensive, but you will shop your ass off over there. There is a 5 story mall on Rue St. Catherine's where you can get the best stuff for around 40% less than you would in the US.

Hope this helps.
    Wow! What a description!

40% less is great. Especially since I am having difficulty with finding cloths I like in the area where I live.

Thanks for the advise, Sergio

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Elnur, I've been there about 15 times in my life, and if it was up to me, I would move there.

Of all the cities I've seen in this world, Montreal is far and away my favourite.

Have a great time while you're there. You would have to be comatose or completely anti-social to not have a great time.

€lke

Dec 22, 2002

Some places are worth driving 8 hours to.

Montreal is absolutely one of them.

You know, if we drive 8 hours (without stopping) we're like 'at the other side of the world'...Our Europe and our Belgium is so small :)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Wow! What a description!

40% less is great. Especially since I am having difficulty with finding cloths I like in the area where I live.

Thanks for the advise, Sergio
    No problem, Elnur.

You'd be surprised what the US dollar can buy over in Montreal.

Last time I was there (about 3 years ago), I came home with about 2 suitcases full of new clothes, to the point where I donated over half of the clothes that I came up there with to Goodwill because I didn't have the room to bring it all back.

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19

Wow! do you like driving for so long? :s
    I've once driven from Washington DC down to Florida, and it was a 16 hour ride.

Lots of fun, as long as you have good music with you.

But tomorrow it's actually a group of French students travelling (20 people), it will be a bus.

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20

No problem, Elnur.

You'd be surprised what the US dollar can buy over in Montreal.

Last time I was there (about 3 years ago), I came home with about 2 suitcases full of new clothes, to the point where I donated over half of the clothes that I came up there with to Goodwill because I didn't have the room to bring it all back.
    So USD is widely accepted in Canada? What makes that place significantly cheaper than the US?

You know, if we drive 8 hours (without stopping) we're like 'at the other side of the world'...Our Europe and our Belgium is so small :)
    Indeed. Back in 1998 I've driven from Amsterdam to Paris and it took us only 5 hours or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)