Montero to Cagliari? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Montero considers Cagliari move
Sunday 23 January, 2005

Juventus veteran Paolo Montero could be set for a switch to Cagliari, while Roberto Muzzi considers two Serie A proposals.

The Sardinians have not kept a single clean sheet in their last nine games, and a costly defensive error proved decisive in yesterday’s 1-0 defeat at Bologna, so they are looking for reinforcements.

Juve are already cutting down on their squad after selling Mark Iuliano to Real Majorca and loaning Nicola Legrottaglie out to Bologna.

Igor Tudor was expected to be the next out of Turin during the January transfer window, but the ageing Montero is another option as his contract expires at the end of the season.

He would relish Cagliari for the first team football and opportunity to play alongside fellow Uruguayans Nelson Abeijon and Diego Lopez.

In other transfer news, Lazio forward Roberto Muzzi’s time in the Capital seems to be at an end after he was pushed out by Paolo Di Canio and new arrival Fabio Bazzani.

His agent confirmed contact with Fiorentina and Bologna, but it is now reported that Carlo Mazzone’s side is leading the way.

The main sticking point would appear to be the length of the contract, as Bologna are only offering one year whereas Muzzi would demand two.

source: channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What the hell are we doing? If we sell Montero we will certainly need to buy another centerback because we have already given away two. Montero is basically third choice and if Tudor cannot play for some mysterious reason we will be in trouble if one of our top defenders goes down with injury.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

The Sardinians have not kept a single clean sheet in their last nine games, and a costly defensive error proved decisive in yesterday’s 1-0 defeat at Bologna, so they are looking for reinforcements.
and they wanna do that with montero

Sep 14, 2003
What I don't understand is why did we wait until January to off-laod players that should've left at the end of last season? Something strange is going on, I don't know what though.

Also, we're leaving defensive cover abit thin, it's a big risk.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
sell Montero and Appiah too. And buy replacements. Play Tudor more yes! and now we need replacement for Nedved :( OMG I hope he is okay!!

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
sell both of them and get a good backup young promising defender. Then we need someone to fill in for Nedved :( Give Kapo and money for some good young player. Maybe Meghni?

Il Messiah

Aug 21, 2004
He was great for juve for many years
before best cb in the world

but anymore he is good player also he isn"t normal player
he is poor player .....Tudor better than him clearly...
thanks sir montero for service many years in juve
but this time is you must leave

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
What I don't understand is why did we wait until January to off-laod players that should've left at the end of last season? Something strange is going on, I don't know what though.

Also, we're leaving defensive cover abit thin, it's a big risk.
It's Capello who is trying to off-load the old Juve generation and is building a team of his own. I'm pretty sure Capello will ultimately destroy Juve in the long run, as he did with Roma.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seven, thats two posts in which you seem to grab matter out of your ass now. Montero should be offloaded because he can no longer give his best for Juve, just like Tacchinardi, Ferrara, Iuliano, and Del Piero. Remember that Moggi has the final say in all of this. Don't be one of those imbeciles who hate Capello for not playing Del Piero, you're better than that.

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
Seven, Juventus is not Roma :D Juventus has style, organization and Moggi thinks twice before bringing a player to Juventus ;) we will become even better than with Lippi I think and hope. Capello is really good. But things can go bad too, but either way lets keep him for a long time and see what he can do with us ;)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
If they want to sell Montero, then so be it.

However, why now, and not at the end of the season? Iuliano and Legro were already sold within a week, and now's now's not a good time to sign a new defender and integrate him into the squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)