Montero number 1 (2 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
For today's usual after training interviews, Montero was the chosen player to be interviewed and one of his answers cracked me up. When told that statistically he's being less of a bad boy, that is he's doing less fouls he replied: "I'm doing less fouls? Then I'm not feeling well".

:LOL: Class Player ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
Maybe you should all stop laughing, because the reason he's not fouling so much is because he isn't fast enough to get to his mark to foul him. It's pathetic really.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Maybe you should all stop laughing, because the reason he's not fouling so much is because he isn't fast enough to get to his mark to foul him. It's pathetic really.
why do you think like that? :confused: i think the slower players commit more fouls because they cannot catch their marked man legally..

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
why do you think like that? :confused: i think the slower players commit more fouls because they cannot catch their marked man legally..
That was a bit of hyperbole, but seriously, Montero is a losing a step and his edge.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
why pessimistic? Montero had a good season last year even without doing too many fouls.
Hmmm....good season? Hardly, and montero isn't a good player unless he fouls, IMO.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
so are yo saying his fouls are clever?
Montero is great anyway
No, I'm saying that Montero has to foul, because that is his game, that's why he was as good as he was. At least half of his marking ability was due to the fact that the strikers were so scared of him. He doesn't have that anymore, and he is getting slower too. That combination is bad.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
He wad an average season at best. It was Ferrara that kept our defence together. And Montero is a very dirty player IMO, I still remember when he ounched DI Biagio two years ago.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
Think how many fools that Nesta does :groan: And he is younger and better seen. I think guilty is only the playing style they are used with.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Way to ruin a party, man... :down:

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    Montero has been our best defender in years. Since his arrival, the juve's defence has always been the least beaten (except for one season). His tactical knowledge and defence leadership are one of the best in the world and few have received as much praise as he did in an italian league in which only the best defenders in the world succeed.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    1. are you missing any action in your life?!
    2. are you extremely borred and tired of being dull?
    3. Do you think the World isn't already F'ed-Up enough?
    4. Do you still Have Scars from certain VDS remarks?!
    5. Are you just trying to satisfy your twisted mind while claiming that it's for the entertainment of the people?
    6. Are you just pretending to be one of those annoying flys that are minutes from dieing....you know the ones who bumb into walls and windows repeatedly!?
    7. Are you completely in the dark about the boundries of "pathetic" you are achieving?
    8. Is it possible that you might just be an Extremely negative person because you seem to be doing a lot of disagreeing no matter how innocent or small the topic which you participate in may be?

If All of these Apply to you, Call 1-900-Get-a-Life Today!!

Our operators are standing by .....Dont Delay....CALL NOW!

Calls are $2.50 a minute...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)