Montella: Rimango alla Roma (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Montella: Rimango alla Roma
Gio 17 Feb, 3:54 PM

(ANSA) - ROMA, 17 FEB - Vincenzo Montella giura amore e fedelta' alla Roma e conferma la sua voglia di rimanere nel club di Trigoria.Presto l'attuale capocannoniere del campionato dovrebbe trattare il rinnovo del contratto, in scadenza il 30 giugno 2006, e la sua volonta' e' chiara: 'Voglio rimanere alla Roma in ogni caso - spiega - Credo nel progetto della societa' e ho fiducia nella famiglia Sensi. Per vincere non e' necessario alzare una coppa, c'e' chi vince ma rimane un perdente...'.

And for our non-Italian speaking friends

Channel 4's version:

Montella makes Roma pledge Thursday 17 February, 2005

Serie A top scorer Vincenzo Montella is ready to sign a contract extension with Roma.

The striker’s current deal expires in the summer of 2006 but he’s keen to remain at the Stadio Olimpico.

"I have the desire to stay here, to prolong my deal, and I know the club are keen too," said the Italian international.

"I’m one of the few players to have remained from the Scudetto squad of 2001, that is something I am proud of as it makes me feel like part of a project."

The Giallorossi have admitted that they unsuccessfully tried to sell the former Sampdoria man in the summer but he’s hit back with goals.

"I’ve spent some important years of my life here," he added. "I think that I have given and received a lot from this shirt."

Montella also shot down fears that he was too old to be a realistic part of the club’s long-term plans.

"I’m in good shape and I feel young," said the player who will celebrate his 31st birthday in June.

"I have the enthusiasm of a boy inside of me and I think I can play on for some time to come. Hopefully that will be with Roma."

Montella has netted 18 League goals so far this season and he’ll be eager for more on Sunday as the side look for some crucial Champions’ League points.

"We must beat Livorno to get back on track," he added. "I think Inter will finish third so it is up to us to try to catch Udinese in fourth."

The Friuli outfit, who play Inter on Saturday, have 40 points – five more than the Stadio Olimpico outfit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Panucci: Home Sweet Rome Friday 25 February, 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma stopper Christian Panucci has re-iterated his desire to end his career at the Stadio Olimpico.

"I love it here," said the right-back. "I want to finish my playing days at this club. I feel perfectly integrated with the club and the fans.

"I’ve had a lot of experiences at other clubs and I have no desire to change now," he added.

There were doubts over Panucci’s future after he had a bust-up with boss Gigi Del Neri earlier this term.

But the two men have since made peace and the former Milan and Inter man is seen as a key figure in the tactician’s plans.

"Winning anything here, whether it be the Coppa Italia or the Champions’ League, would have a special taste to it," added the 31-year-old.

Panucci was also asked to comment on the upcoming game against Juventus, a side bossed by his former mentor Fabio Capello. "He is a friend but I still want to beat him," stated the Italian.

Capello has previously signed Panucci at three different clubs – Milan, Real Madrid and Roma.

source: channel4.com

Juz to make Nicole happy.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

and lucky
I feel that Montella should have got his chance long ago, but it's Capello that refused to let him play. Now finally Capello has left, Montella is back again due to Del Neri. And he can even score 2 goals despite having a fever (the game in which Cassano blew up against Del Neri when Gigi asked him to play more towards the left during 1/2 time against a team in Serie A). Wad a madman

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

and lucky
lucky? how come?? he was fvcked up under Capello, and you say lucky, i bet you if Capello wouldn't benched him at that time, he would have made it to Portugal EU2004

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
if we played:

Cassano/DP--Montella/Gilardino

--------Totti

De Rossi-Pirlo-Gattuso

Zamb-Canna-Nesta-Panucci/Oddo

--------Buffon

we wouldve gone far in the Euro, but past is the past. And im glad we dont have that old rat Trap as coach for the azzurri anymore. He put too much pressure on Totti, and didnt give younger players the chance. Lippi has already made a better job than him!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
if we played:

Cassano/DP--Montella/Gilardino

--------Totti

De Rossi-Pirlo-Gattuso

Zamb-Canna-Nesta-Panucci/Oddo

--------Buffon

we wouldve gone far in the Euro, but past is the past. And im glad we dont have that old rat Trap as coach for the azzurri anymore. He put too much pressure on Totti, and didnt give younger players the chance. Lippi has already made a better job than him!
Yup, he prefers Vieri to Gilardino despite the latter doing much better than Vieri. And Trap didn't even give Pirlo a chance until Totti is suspended. But den with a suspension given to the spitting Totti the team was almost finished becos Italy was too dependent on him.

Actually this works too

---------------Gilardino (lone striker)----------------
Cassano--------Totti-----------Fiore/Camoranesi
---------------Pirlo-------Gattuso----------
Zamb---------Canna---------Nesta---------Diana (Sampdoria player)
------------------------Buffon---------------

But Lippi will go berserk use the 4-3-3 formation instead

I prefer the formation u stated DDP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)