[monotone]predictable?[/monotone] (1 Viewer)

Square

Oct 6, 2002
montero on the ball in left back position. he points forward. he plays it back to buffon who immediately knocks it forward to legro. legro plays it right to montero. he points forward. he plays it square to legro. legro passes it forward ten yards to tachinardi. tachinardi dribbles two yards. he plays it square to appiah. appiah looks left. appiah looks right. he passes it right to tachinardi. tachinardi passes it right to thuram. thuram passes it back to tachinardi, looking for the one two. he plays it. thuram runs past two players. camoranesi looks for the one two. he plays it. thuram crosses it in. its headed out. tachinardi picks it up. he looks left. he looks right. he plays it square to appiah. appiah looks for zambrotta. appiah passes it square to tachinardi. tachinardi passes it square to thuram who takes on two players and crosses it in. its headed out.

that, my friends, is how juve play. WE PLAY THE BALL SQUARE! the only incisive ball tachinardi can play is a long ball over the top [bresci vs juve last season, del piero left footed volley]. appiah can play through balls, but doesnt [vs milan italian super cup, del piero goal].

we rely too much on wingers. zambrotta ad thuram cant always go past two players and cross.

last night against lazio, i looked forward to seeing maresca play a whole half. he took command of the midfield for juve and provided some cohesion. something tachinardi hasnt been able to do since davids has gone. one important thing: MARESCA PLAYED THROUGH BALLS. his passing is beautiful. he played a perfect ball for di vaio early in the second half, floating it mid height. he always looked for ground passes 25 yards ahead. he made half a dozen passes to nedved [IN FRONT OF HIM], and RAN FORWARD FOR A RETURN PASS.

blunty put, we need maresca in the middle. hes less predictable in his passing then the passing it square a la our CMs now.

also, why isnt miccoli playing where camoranesi is? he should be one of the "3" in 4231, out on the right.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++
WE PLAY THE BALL SQUARE!
that, coming from you....

its hard to change the team's style of play however. the only way to be more attractive is to take more risks. risks mean you need to be prepared to not win trophies for a while.

its a difficult thing in italy. nay, impossible. but I think we should go for it.

OP
Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    a teams style is determined by the players on the pitch. if we play CMs who dont just play it square, our style will change. were not talking about a revolution here.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    yeah. but players can play more than one style.

look at nedved now and his first season. nedved here and lazio.

davids for juve and for holland.

but your right. we need to try it. now only if we can kidnap lippi and put a puppet lookalike in and tell him what to do.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Lippi should try playing Maresca as a deep line playmaker, like Pirlo plays for Milan, and let him start the attacks rather than Tacchinardi. Put Appiah and Davids (hardworking two-way players) to Enzo's right and left respectively and let's see some real football.

Maresca's precise passing would not only make our football more attractive from the fan's point of view, but it would make us a better team as Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet would find it easier to get involved in the game.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Lippi should try playing Maresca as a deep line playmaker, like Pirlo plays for Milan, and let him start the attacks rather than Tacchinardi. Put Appiah and Davids (hardworking two-way players) to Enzo's right and left respectively and let's see some real football.

Maresca's precise passing would not only make our football more attractive from the fan's point of view, but it would make us a better team as Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet would find it easier to get involved in the game.
    That's the smartest thing that I've read yet. We're already playing a 4-3-1-2, so why not play it right? In that system you need two-way players on the wings, and Camo is not a two-way player. Furthermore, Tacchinardi is niether a good passer nor a good tackler, anymore. Obviously something isn't working right, so we need to try new things. We need to try Thuram in central defence, put Biri in at right back, it's got to better than Montero and Legro in the middle. We need to try Oliveira in mid-field, he deserves a chance and Nedved isn't exactly lighting it up recently. The team needs Davids, we need another creative force on the pitch. Screw Del Piero until he finds himself again...I dont care if he's the marquis player or the "heart of Juve" or any of that bullshit, if he's not playing well, then his ass gets to sit on the bench. The same should go for any other player. We supposedly have a complete team where everyone has a good back-up. I say it's time work with that.

And finally, 2 defeats in a row is not that big of a deal, it's still a long season. The lesson to be learned is not to over react. We don't need to make wholesale changes, we need to identify the problems and fix them one at a time.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I agree with Ian and Stuart...

Let's try something new. Maresca should get more playing time.
    Olivera should get a shot.
    DP should be out for a while till he gets his act together.
    The Solid 4-3-1-2 that juve's been using forever (and the one that was successful vs. Real Madrid) should be tried again.
    we have to be more dynamic

Sep 28, 2002
    we should send official note to lippi. i dont thing he's gonna play maresca or the formation you offered. he will be stuckup with his tacchinardi, appiah and camoranesi and we'll finish 3rd in serie a if we are lucky. those last games really knocked me off the balance, for the first time in many years i think moggi should consider sacking lippi

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    we should send official note to lippi. i dont thing he's gonna play maresca or the formation you offered. he will be stuckup with his tacchinardi, appiah and camoranesi and we'll finish 3rd in serie a if we are lucky. those last games really knocked me off the balance, for the first time in many years i think moggi should consider sacking lippi
    Okay, remember the part where I said, "the lesson to be learned is not to over-react." Well, sacking Lippi would be the biggest over-reaction that I've ever even considered. Juve doesn't sack it's manager, it's like a rule. And, we've lost two games, that's not a disaster, let's put this in perspective. We've already qualified for the next phase of the CL and before last week, we hadn't lost in Serie A. Two loses to two good teams is not a huge problem. Milan will lose, and Roma will lose and we will catch up.

Sep 28, 2002
    i am not speaking about sacking him now, that would be stupid. but if nothing imroves in terms of play. with squad like that in his possession lippi should make a serious effort in conquering both europe and italy. the deoth is amazing. but team is not performing. yes, we went on 16 game unbeaten streak but some of performances were far from convincing. i remember someone saying good thing is that we win even when we play bad. but we cant go far playing like that. the possibilities of this team are enormous so if lippi fails to achieve something big he should be sacked in my opinion. i mean, he's a great coach, we owe him a lot. but sometimes thigs have to change.

i know i sound drastic, losing against two great team is not such a big deal. but juve played awfully. maybe it's just a small crisis but what if not. with defence like that we can go down really fast.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I don't like the idea of sacking Lippi, I don't like it not one bit, but you have a good point, Fli. The squad that Lippi has at his disposal is too good to not be able to bring home silverwear.

PS. When Lippi does leave, I'd like Deschamps as a replacement :)

Aug 1, 2003
    we should play maresca! YES YES YES YES!!!! I agree 1001 % !! I think for the past 3 matches Lippi set up an unsuitable formation and players. This winter break should give him more to think about.....

.....like giving maresca more games!! :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

This is what i dream,, really :touched:

That's the smartest thing that I've read yet. We're already playing a 4-3-1-2, so why not play it right? In that system you need two-way players on the wings, and Camo is not a two-way player. Furthermore, Tacchinardi is niether a good passer nor a good tackler, anymore. Obviously something isn't working right, so we need to try new things. We need to try Thuram in central defence, put Biri in at right back, it's got to better than Montero and Legro in the middle. We need to try Oliveira in mid-field, he deserves a chance and Nedved isn't exactly lighting it up recently. The team needs Davids, we need another creative force on the pitch. Screw Del Piero until he finds himself again...I dont care if he's the marquis player or the "heart of Juve" or any of that bullshit, if he's not playing well, then his ass gets to sit on the bench. The same should go for any other player. We supposedly have a complete team where everyone has a good back-up. I say it's time work with that.

And finally, 2 defeats in a row is not that big of a deal, it's still a long season. The lesson to be learned is not to over react. We don't need to make wholesale changes, we need to identify the problems and fix them one at a time.
    Amen to that!!

Let's try something new. Maresca should get more playing time.
    Olivera should get a shot.
    DP should be out for a while till he gets his act together.
    The Solid 4-3-1-2 that juve's been using forever (and the one that was successful vs. Real Madrid) should be tried again.
    we have to be more dynamic
    Amen amen amen amen.

IN the Olivera case, i really believe in the guy, because he is so promising... but i dont think that Lippi will use him that much. I even see olivera being loaned in january maybe. It will be very good for him i think. But i dont want him to leave Juve

moggi, giraudo and bettega also have a say
    And the fact that he is our main star... and a lot of people just see juve matches, buy juve things and so on thinking in del Piero. The marketing ahve a lot to do here.

Anyways, i like his style of playing, and he add that touch to our attack.. but even he needs some bench time more often if he is not performing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)