Money makes the world go round? (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2004
hi folks,

as you see I'm a new member of this board. Acctually I have read your threads for a while I. But now it's time to put in my two cents. :D

I'm really interested in Juve also concerning the company behind the club. What do you know about Juventu's situation and circumstances? How would you describe financial situation or maybe you know some figures...like turnover or something else? :greedy: Thanks for responding!

PS: Hi moderators, I don't know whether it's the right category but I do hope so. Feel free to displace the thread wherever you want.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Wow, there was a thread a while back with a .pdf document for share holders with the esact figures for last season, charts, etc.

Anyways, the think I know is that Juventus is the ONLY Italyian club that has had a profit at the end of the season for the last 6 seasons straight. Last year it was 3 million € IIRC.

Anyways, we dont have any debts, nor did we use the Save Calcio financial aid. We are by far in the best financial state in Italy.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Gutentag there! ;) And welcome to the forums.

To answer your questions: there are a couple of reports published by the Borsa Italia (the Exchange Bourse of Milan) with some interesting figures.

The performance graph shows we've fallen since we went to the market from 100 to 58 (quite the dramatic fall back if you happen to have invested in us). In comparison, Roma trade for 38 and Manchester United for 125.

Onto our income, the net income has fallen in the past three seasons:

2000/2001 - € 5.8 million
2001/2002 - € 6.1 million
2002/2003 - € 2.2 million

Still on the positive side there.

Since I studied some economics but all in Dutch and I am COMPLETELY unaware of all the English words/terms I'll stop my description at this point: it's probably a pain to read for some people on this forum who DO know the language :D

I'll just pass you the link of the most recent report I have been able to find on the net:

http://www.borsaitalia.it/opsmedia/pdf/9239.pdf

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Erik, why have our stocks dropped?We had a more successful season last year than when we went onto the market, we even made a lot of money from the CL? :undecide:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
That's the weirdest thing: footballing results hardly have any decent effect on the value of shares of a football club. It's worth a study really.

Mostly our shares just dropped due to lack of demand.

OP
kurvengeflüster
Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    hm ..regarding the *.pdf document Moggi owns only 5(!) shares!!? isn't he convinced of the brand "Juventus"??? :D ... so let's support our club and every board-member buys 100 stocks!! ;)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    Onto our income, the net income has fallen in the past three seasons:

2000/2001 - € 5.8 million
    2001/2002 - € 6.1 million
    2002/2003 - € 2.2 million
    :eek: pretty drastic decline from 2001/2002 to 2002/2003.....

Dec 27, 2003
    Giraudo recently said that he wants Juventus to become the richest football club in the world. Not a good news if you ask me : one Merchandise United is enough junk football to deal with already. Will southeast asian kids fall in love with Del Piero's whiskers the same way they fell in love with Beckham's stray locks? And will Juventus become the new Mc Donald's of the Beautifiul Game?

One thing for sure is that Moggi's austere financial policy will only become more austere. Dreaming of seeing Mexès wear a black and white shirt next season, my dear juventini? Umm, sorry, you will have to make do with Cribari Im afraid:D

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    Giraudo recently said that he wants Juventus to become the richest football club in the world. Not a good news if you ask me : one Merchandise United is enough junk football to deal with already. Will southeast asian kids fall in love with Del Piero's whiskers the same way they fell in love with Beckham's stray locks? And will Juventus become the new Mc Donald's of the Beautifiul Game?
    Not likely. Juve is already one of the richest clubs out there, but we're not whores like Man U. Juve could be hte richest club in world and still stay true to the spirit of the game. It'll probably happen in five years when all the other big clubs go bust.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    Juventus is a rich club despite trying to tigten its belt around its belly. If I'm not mistaken, we are one of a few Italian clubs making a profit if not the only club.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    We know how to deal with our finances, that's all well and good, but can I dare say that we have become a bit stingy lately? Like in everything, you have to invest in a club too and it seems to me that we do so sporadically and IMO that's not a good thing.

BTW, would anyone know the total of last year's income (or at least point me to somewhere):
    - CL: ?
    - TV rights: ?
    - sponsours: ?
    - transfer money: ?
    - merchandise sells: ?
    - etc.: ?
    ---------------------------
    TOTAL: ?

OP
    kurvengeflüster
    Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    but as you see we had "only" 2.2 milion income 02/03...so propably it won't be more ...so which money do you want to invest? and aren't there running costs during next seasons for Appiah? I think so.. correct me if I'm wrong... :)

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    Juventus is a rich club despite trying to tigten its belt around its belly. If I'm not mistaken, we are one of a few Italian clubs making a profit if not the only club.
    I believe that Juventus and Bologna are the only teams in Serie A who are operating at a profit.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    We know how to deal with our finances, that's all well and good, but can I dare say that we have become a bit stingy lately? Like in everything, you have to invest in a club too and it seems to me that we do so sporadically and IMO that's not a good thing.

BTW, would anyone know the total of last year's income (or at least point me to somewhere):
    - CL: ?
    - TV rights: ?
    - sponsours: ?
    - transfer money: ?
    - merchandise sells: ?
    - etc.: ?
    ---------------------------
    TOTAL: ?
    It can all be found on the link i posted further up

OP
    kurvengeflüster
    Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    Last financial year 02/03: 2,2 milion €

the first quarter of 03/04 finacial year:

revenues: total 36,6 milion - 3,8%
    due to "lower insurance payments for injured players"

TV/radio/CL: 19 milion +- 0%
    match revenues: 4,1 milion +51%
    sponsorship/comercial income: 12,4 milion +3,2%

operating costs total 37,6 milion -1,8%

and so on...my english is not so good :down: some figures are missing, but I don't get it how the balance sheet is structured at all... I'll ask my uncle who is a banker :)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    € 215,4 million:

- 56.9% brought by the the TV, radio and telephone rights and the revenues of the CL
    - 25.3% brought by sponsorhip and commercial rights
    - 10.5% brought by sales of the tickets
    - 7.3% brought by other source

Net income for 02/03: € 2.2 million
    Players' registrations rights: € 174.1 million (could anyone please be so kind and explain this one ... you can find it HERE page 22?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)