Momo Sissoko (9 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Of course not, being a footballer isn't an excuse. Benzima, Ozil, Anelka, Nasri, Yaya Toure, some of the greatest names in football are Muslim. It depends on the coach how to deal with this problem in different ways.

Ramadan is tough for all Muslims.
You didn't get my point. Any regular Muslim can fast those 29 days the time they want no? let's say the footballers don't fast 3-4 days during ramadan (at match days for example), but they decide to do it few weeks later after Ramadan. Isn't that ok? I know a lot of Mulsims who don't fast sometimes, and do it like I said.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Of course not, being a footballer isn't an excuse. Benzima, Ozil, Anelka, Nasri, Yaya Toure, some of the greatest names in football are Muslim. It depends on the coach how to deal with this problem in different ways.

Ramadan is tough for all Muslims.
Well, boo-hoo. Nobody is forcing them to fast.

At least the conspiracy theories of, "it's good for the body to fast" haven't shown up recently, as that is utter nonsense when it comes to professional athletes.

I have no problem with religion. People can practice it on their own time. But fasting while preparing for matches as a professional footballer is not on their own time... it's on the club's time. You are being paid to take care of yourself and work hard for the team. And for that, this behavior is very unprofessional.

No club should be forced to cater to this behavior.

Jul 2, 2006
You didn't get my point. Any regular Muslim can fast those 29 days the time they want no? let's say the footballers don't fast 3-4 days during ramadan (at match days for example), but they decide to do it few weeks later after Ramadan. Isn't that ok? I know a lot of Mulsims who don't fast sometimes, and do it like I said.
If you're diabetic, pregnant, something like that or must take medicine you can delay it until you get well. Being footballer is not a valid excuse. Match days maybe, if you tried it before and know that it will surely stop you from doing your job. Point is if you can fast, you must. As i said before, fasting is getting easier when you get used to, it could even be an extra motivation for player.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
If you're diabetic, pregnant, something like that or must take medicine you can delay it until you get well. Being footballer is not a valid excuse. Match days maybe, if you tried it before and know that it will surely stop you from doing your job. Point is if you can fast, you must. As i said before, fasting is getting easier when you get used to, it could even be an extra motivation for player.
It's not about motivation, it's about the hunger and lack of liquid in your body makes your body weaker. We are talking about 5-7Kmeters of running you know? not playing in the backyard..

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Ramadhan will be during Summer for the next 5 years or so, signing Muslim players shouldn't be a problem :D

Nonetheless, Sissoko should be on his way out of this club. He has been pretty bad for over a year now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)