Momo Sissoko (9 Viewers)

Jul 21, 2006
lol

but I think his characteristic deserves a try to be a CB, there he don't have to do difficult passes and be creative

he has muscles, quite speedy, quite tall and can tackle

so why not? we can ged rid leggro if this work, and freeing the CM spot for better players

His tackles are too risky to be CB, easily lose his position if he tackles like this and we will give away a lot freekick.

And he loses possession way too easily.. imagine his miss a pass near our area.... :sergio:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
lol

but I think his characteristic deserves a try to be a CB, there he don't have to do difficult passes and be creative

he has muscles, quite speedy, quite tall and can tackle

so why not? we can ged rid leggro if this work, and freeing the CM spot for better players
Physically yes, he'd make a fantastic CB. However, he has poor positional sense, is awful on the ball and not composed enough.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

His characteristics proves that he's not capable to be a good CB. Imagine after a misplaced pass, strikers one on one directly with Storari, with no defense "trying" to defend it back.

That would be awesome for everyone but Juventus.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
His tackles are too risky to be CB, easily lose his position if he tackles like this and we will give away a lot freekick.

And he loses possession way too easily.. imagine his miss a pass near our area.... :sergio:
about possesion loses, CB does not require you to do fancy pass, he could and should be instructed to pass to his CB partner or other defenders, or someone in the mid instructed to specifically receive the ball.

tackles are too risky.... say that to montero, iuliano, tachinnardi or davids :lol:

Physically yes, he'd make a fantastic CB. However, he has poor positional sense, is awful on the ball and not composed enough.
poor positional sense, I think being a CB would somewhat relieve his brain from the pressure of having to do defending and attacking in a match.... :lol: thus allowing him to be more 'cool' and concentrate on marking a player, yes, he should be instructed to man mark and let his partner to do the covering.

His characteristics proves that he's not capable to be a good CB. Imagine after a misplaced pass, strikers one on one directly with Storari, with no defense "trying" to defend it back.

That would be awesome for everyone but Juventus.
same with above

if I were juve coach, I would definitely try this, definitely in training and preseason first, then against weak opposition; this move would still be more sensible than subbing him for an on form melo in the middle of the match (+instead of an off form marchisio)..... even if both on form, melo - sissoko in the middle of a 4-4-2 do not give me confidence :lol:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
same with above

if I were juve coach, I would definitely try this, definitely in training and preseason first, then against weak opposition; this move would still be more sensible than subbing him for an on form melo in the middle of the match (+instead of an off form marchisio)..... even if both on form, melo - sissoko in the middle of a 4-4-2 do not give me confidence :lol:
I agree with you that subbing an on form Melo for Sissoko was not sensible, but if at the same time you think that playing Sissoko instead of either Chiellini or the new 15.5M CB is a more sensible thing to do, then you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

God, imagine a Chiellini - Sissoko CB partnership. Disastrous.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Sissoko started his career as ST,then in Valencia i remember he was used as Winger,then Benitez bought him in Liverpool to play as DMC.

So why can't we see him one day play as CB?

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Because he's too sloppy with the ball and makes too many mistakes when having it and him being a center back would limit the number of those ninja tackles we would see, well at least the successful ones since most of the others would end with PKs going for the opposition.

On top of that, we're not exactly in need of a 5th CB ATM.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Sissoko as a CB is a ridiculous idea... we'd give up at least 1 PK a game...

Hell, if we can get closer to Dzeko by shipping Momo to Wolfsburg, then I'm all for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)