Momo Sissoko (26 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
As for Momo, I think he's getting some hate for no reason.

Sure, he had a bad season, but give me a break. Who the f was decent in this season? We had no system, no right guidance - not anything we had was normal, especially on the pitch. We played like a bunch of clowns. Many times I couldn't wait for the match to be finished so I don't have to watch that torture anymore.

On the other hand, it seems that some people here have short term memory. Did you already forget how important he was for us once he came? He took us on another level and when he picked up his injury it was surely noticeable and I know many people were crying for him to come back, rightfully so. But now, people are spitting on him again, but it's not like the others did any better. Overall, they were all bad, very bad.

But he does add a lot and we do need him. With a good coach and with an actual SYSTEM on the pitch he'd make our midfield much stronger and IMO there is no way we should consider his sale, yet. He deserves another chance, like others do, and I think he'll do fine this season.

Forza Sissoko

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don't worry, he will get another chance. If the team provides him with the same untouchable status as he has here, then he will surely be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I won't restate the arguments against having him in the team. If folks value destructiveness and grit in midfield over intelligence and ball movement, then so be it. The question is whether he will regain the form seen under Ranieri which isn't certain. But the alarming fact is his career at Juve is similar to his time at Pool... as time went on, his performances became worse and worse.

History does repeat itself.

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
As for Momo, I think he's getting some hate for no reason.

Sure, he had a bad season, but give me a break. Who the f was decent in this season? We had no system, no right guidance - not anything we had was normal, especially on the pitch. We played like a bunch of clowns. Many times I couldn't wait for the match to be finished so I don't have to watch that torture anymore.

On the other hand, it seems that some people here have short term memory. Did you already forget how important he was for us once he came? He took us on another level and when he picked up his injury it was surely noticeable and I know many people were crying for him to come back, rightfully so. But now, people are spitting on him again, but it's not like the others did any better. Overall, they were all bad, very bad.

But he does add a lot and we do need him. With a good coach and with an actual SYSTEM on the pitch he'd make our midfield much stronger and IMO there is no way we should consider his sale, yet. He deserves another chance, like others do, and I think he'll do fine this season.

Forza Sissoko
:tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Don't worry, he will get another chance. If the team provides him with the same untouchable status as he has here, then he will surely be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I won't restate the arguments against having him in the team. If folks value destructiveness and grit in midfield over intelligence and ball movement, then so be it. The question is whether he will regain the form seen under Ranieri which isn't certain. But the alarming fact is his career at Juve is similar to his time at Pool... as time went on, his performances became worse and worse.

History does repeat itself.
Nothing is certain. But you defend Amauri for example and jump on Sissoko, there's no logic in that either.

Untouchable? I don't think so, not here. When people post formations here 90% of them not use him anywhere. People would rather use Poulsen and Melo actually. If anything, people jump only on Sissoko when it comes to midfield, it's why I wanted to post that. Because I don't think it's fair.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nothing is certain. But you defend Amauri for example and jump on Sissoko, there's no logic in that either.

Untouchable? I don't think so, not here. When people post formations here 90% of them not use him anywhere. People would rather use Poulsen and Melo actually. If anything, people jump only on Sissoko when it comes to midfield, it's why I wanted to post that. Because I don't think it's fair.
You misinterpret it. I defend Amauri against nonsensical insults and how he wasn't suited for that style of play last year, but it's quite clear he wasn't up to par and should be sold. I've claimed the latter portion several times.

And I don't agree. The majority still seems to covet Sissoko as someone that should never be sold, regardless of the opportunities at hand.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Da fuck, as a sub.

You misinterpret it. I defend Amauri against nonsensical insults and how he wasn't suited for that style of play last year, but it's quite clear he wasn't up to par and should be sold. I've claimed the latter portion several times.

And I don't agree. The majority still seems to covet Sissoko as someone that should never be sold, regardless of the opportunities at hand.
Amauri - He sucked and didn't preform. Different style of play and bad guidance.

He did shine under Ranieri.

Sissoko - He sucked and didn't preform. Different style of play and bad guidance.

It's the same fucking thing.

I don't know where you look at that. But so far I've seen like 30 different formations and he was included in like 5 at most.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dusan miscounted. The real count was five, including his own post, on the first two pages.

But anyways, it would be interesting to see if the folks who started Melo have the same idea now after his episode over the weekend. Methinks that they will drop him like a rock and play Sissoko instead, so that's already like a 100% increase in the Sissoko count right there.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't have a problem with Sissoko staying, but I don't want him to be a guaranteed starter.

Use him in games when Juve won't dominate possesion (away to Milan and Inter, for instance), but don't play him in home games against shit opposition, when all he is going to do is break up Juve's play.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't count this crap

Pepe/Candreva-Melo/Poulsen-Marchisio/Sissoko-Giovinco

He just listed everyone. While others used him as a sub. My point stands clear - there are more people who prefer Melo/Poulsen while Sissoko is being pushed to the side.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Da fuck, as a sub.

Amauri - He sucked and didn't preform. Different style of play and bad guidance.

Sissoko - He sucked and didn't preform. Different style of play and bad guidance.

It's the same fucking thing.

I don't know where you look at that. But so far I've seen like 30 different formations and he was included in like 5 at most.
People use the tactical scheme last year to defend Sissoko, but in reality it was simply a change in system, ie the pieces on the chess board. We don't know what Ferrara or Zacch told Sissoko to do, but I highly doubt they told him to be a playmaker when he was on the pitch.

But even so, if a central midfielder can only successfully play in a single formation, then he isn't really a great player. This is the one dimensional crap that I can't stand. Sissoko is therefore one-dimensional in several different facets of the game, not just what he does with the ball.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
As long as he performs what he's supposed to, and that is his ninja-like tackles and his runs to the opposition's goal. He'll do just fine, but to ask him to distribute the ball and pass it around, surely he'll fail.

Put him alongside Poupou, Marchisio or even Ekdal and you got yourself the old Momo. Play Melo and you got yourself two clueless muscles and a lost case.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't have a problem with Sissoko staying, but I don't want him to be a guaranteed starter.

Use him in games when Juve won't dominate possesion (away to Milan and Inter, for instance), but don't play him in home games against shit opposition, when all he is going to do is break up Juve's play.
that's what i think. it would be nice to have a player of his attributes in the squad in matches where you need a true destoyer in midfield to help the team.

it's a matter of tactical flexibility really. you want to have different players with different strengths in the squad for certain matches.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And actually, when you think about it, Sissoko had more passing options in midfield last year than he did when Ranieri was in charge. So wouldn't one think that he'd have an easier time passing the ball? This is a conundrum.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
People use the tactical scheme last year to defend Sissoko, but in reality it was simply a change in system, ie the pieces on the chess board. We don't know what Ferrara or Zacch told Sissoko to do, but I highly doubt they told him to be a playmaker when he was on the pitch.

But even so, if a central midfielder can only successfully play in a single formation, then he isn't really a great player. This is the one dimensional crap that I can't stand. Sissoko is therefore one-dimensional in several different facets of the game, not just what he does with the ball.
And yes, it can easily be so.

I never said he's a World Class player but IMO a player that every team must have. Not Sissoko, but a good destroyer.

And yeah, while you've pointed that out...how do you know they didn't give him any other role? It's clear that they gave it to Melo, I don't know why wouldn't they do the same with Sissoko.

Melo was great for Brazil, not counting his craziness and that own goal, but he was good and it's not how we used him here. Many people said it while season lasted, hell, even Moggi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)