Momo Sissoko (11 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I hope he is one of the first to be sold, seriously his ability to play football is totaly absent. He just can't do anything with the ball, absolutely nothing.

yeah he is a destroyer and he destroys, but he does looses more balls, because of his inability to play footbal then he destroys opponent attacks.

I used to love his ninja tackles and i still do, but when he gets the ball his tackles stops to matter. Don't know how about you guys, but with his techical skils and thinkging i look at him as a big liability in a team.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
no Momo makes the same bloody mistakes every time,he wins the ball,tries to pass/drive/dribble and gets caught out as he does not have the skill to carry it out,dives in,gives away a foul/wins the ball and we start the whole process again.

we simply cannot allow someone with such limited footballing ability to stay in the side because he makes "camera" tackles,Davids was capable of making those tackles but that boy could play,we need someone in there who not only wins the ball but gets it moving in the RIGHT direction

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't agree with the roles part. I doubt even Zacch is dumb enough to say to Sissoko, "OK, go out there and playmake for us. You're our playmaker."

As Burke has said, Sissoko is the only guy he knows who seemingly intentionally loses the ball just so he can tackle an opponent.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
:agree: We need a CM who can play the ball
Yes a CM who can play the ball but does our DM necessarily need to play the ball brilliantly? I remember Makelele (especially at Chelsea) was dreadful at playing the ball but he was still one of the best DMs back then. If there is a smart and creative player playing beside Momo they will make an excellent combination. One to destroy the opponent and the other to build up the game.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sissoko alone can play in a system with a good passer next to him. I don't see how can we play a system (and be good at it) with both Melo and Sissoko, though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes a CM who can play the ball but does our DM necessarily need to play the ball brilliantly? I remember Makelele (especially at Chelsea) was dreadful at playing the ball but he was still one of the best DMs back then. If there is a smart and creative player playing beside Momo they will make an excellent combination. One to destroy the opponent and the other to build up the game.
Makelele was never as poor of a passer as Sissoko. He could make the simple passes which even Momo struggles at at times.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Sissoko alone can play in a system with a good passer next to him. I don't see how can we play a system (and be good at it) with both Melo and Sissoko, though.
Why can't they both play in 4-2-3-1 system next to each other?

Makelele was never as poor of a passer as Sissoko. He could make the simple passes which even Momo struggles at at times.
True. Certainly not as poor as Sissoko but he was also bad even at making simple passes. Sissoko is more technically gifted on the other hand. I know, he's been poor this season, he was painful to watch whenever I got to watch a Juve game but I think we'll regret selling him.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Makelele had a very limited passing range, but he knew this and kept his passing short and simple.

Sissoko can't or won't limit himself to playing short simple passes.

May 22, 2007
Because then the team would rely on them to be the link get the ball from defence to the 3 advanced midfielders, rather than in a 4-4-1-1 where the wingers can also drop for the ball.
I'm not saying it wouldn't work better with a quality passer, but Melo is perfectly capable of doing that.

And the one time we tried it, we had our best game of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)