Momo Sissoko (69 Viewers)

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Sissoko: Call me Dr Octopus

Momo Sissoko is enjoying his new nickname at Juventus – ‘The Octopus’ – and reveals the toughest opponents he has ever faced.

It is my favourite nickname, I find it very cute,” grinned the former Liverpool man who is famous for grabbing the ball in midfield almost as if he had tentacles.”

Yet the rugged midfielder did not begin his career in such a ‘destructive’ role at all.

At Auxerre I played as a second striker, then Rafa Benitez moved me to midfield at Liverpool.

When the stadium chants my name, it gives you extra energy and you feel fantastic. Unfortunately I won’t be on the field this Sunday, but I hope to be back against Palermo.

We are in excellent form, as we proved by winning last week, so we should get the three points against Sampdoria.

He is injured along with Jonathan Zebina, Dario Knezevic, Hasan Salihamidzic, Cristiano Zanetti and Paolo De Ceglie, not to mention the suspended Vincenzo Iaquinta.

Sissoko is already a fan favourite for his never-say-die attitude and admits he has learned a great deal since coming to Serie A, especially when it comes to games with Milan.

The best opponent I ever faced was Andrea Pirlo, while the most dangerous forward I’ve taken on is Kaka.

He takes no prisoners on the field, but off it Momo is a tranquil soul, he told Juventus Channel.

I don’t go out much, as I prefer to stay home with my wife Sokona and my daughter Aicha. I listen to R&B music and watch basketball on television. My idol is Kobe Bryant.

At the moment I must confess I’m eating more pasta than couscous, even though my favourite dish remains Tiebe, a Malian recipe of rice and beef.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb13p.html

Mar 30, 2006
The Octopus is incredible. When he is on the field he is like 1.5 or 2 people with all the work he does. It gives us a big advantage. His technical skills were not always as good as his work ethic but he has become alot better and improves each game it seems.

I love this Compilation of him. The Manson is a nice touch too.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Tackling is all that Sissoko is supposed to do in a game. But since we lacked a creative player next to him he was forced to create attacks, run forward and many times choke with the ball. Lets hope that now Tiago will be played more and Sissoko will do only what he is here to do.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Momo sets sights on Chelsea

Thursday 19 February, 2009
Juventus midfielder Momo Sissoko is looking forward to taking on Chelsea after shrugging off his injury problems.

A fierce Anglo-Italian battle is on the cards next Wednesday evening as Sissoko lines up against some familiar faces.

During his spell at Liverpool, Sissoko regularly faced Chelsea and knows what to expect from the Stamford Bridge outfit.

“I am feeling fine and have overcome my injuries,” the Mali international told Il Giorno.

“I have been training well and the pain that I was feeling has faded.

“I am now ready for the game against Chelsea. It will be a super encounter and we want to win it.

“My job will be to not lose sight of Frank Lampard, especially when he gets into the danger zone.

“But he isn't the only threat we face because Chelsea also have Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka, who are great champions.

I also think the match will be more difficult for us now after the changed their Coach,” he concluded.

That's the main concern...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)