Moise Kean (98 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
People want young players to play but then murder and write them off as soon as they have a bad game or period.

This is his 2nd full season in senior football. Not everyone is Mbappe or Haaland from day one. He'll get there I'm sure
2nd? He’s been a rotational senior footballer since 2017. If anything his age is just an excuse at this point. He’s young, not inexperienced. He should know how to hold the ball up by now.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
2nd? He’s been playing senior football since 2017. If anything his age is just an excuse at this point. He’s young, not inexperienced. He should know how to hold the ball up by now.
I clearly said 2nd FULL season. He has played about 50 full games worth of minutes in senior football by now, he's still learning to walk

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
so how many games does it take for a 9 to learn how to hold/link play?
It's not just about that, but to answer your question - for some never.

He knows how to hold up play obviously, he has done it for PSG and had a couple moments this season, but his mental approach, movement outside the box etc.

A more experienced striker would move away and look for the ball in space when he sees the CB is too strong for him or come deeper drag the CB with him and leave space for Chiesa behind or make a couple dummy movements to free himself etc, but he just kept doing the same thing over and over again. He may never get there ofc, but to write him off so soon is foolish

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Amount does seem quite high. At this point I wish we signed Abraham, he would be such a perfect fit here.
Different cost. Chelsea want to sell 40m directly with buy back clause while Kean on 2 year loan for 7m with Option/Obligation to buy. Also he counted as homegrown in Champions League.

Be patient, he will get better

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Kean had already shown a lot of good things and people here are quick to criticise a 21 year old. He’s been thrown in as our only attacker, the majority of his team mates do not provide service of much quality, yesterday he was running clean through and I think it was Rabiot played a terrible ball to him, had that been a ball of quality we would be praising Kean.

Let’s not forget he is still a kid and certainly has a lot to improve, very few strikers have it all figured out by 21, Mbappe & Haaland aside - 24-30 tend to be the peak age for attackers. Let’s not crucify this lad because his touch seems a bit off

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
People want young players to play but then murder and write them off as soon as they have a bad game or period.

This is his 2nd full season in senior football. Not everyone is Mbappe or Haaland from day one. He'll get there I'm sure
Exactly. They want us to sign young talents. But no patience for the process of blooding them in. Kean and Kulu deemed lost causes just after handful of games. Kaio Jorge will face the same impatience. Then the same posters will cry for us to sign youngsters all year. Bit oxymoronic.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Kean is a great poacher and has the hustle in him required to succeed. But Morata has become so absolutely crucial to this team with his hold-up play and aerial power that Kean is kind of forced to play as a Morata replacement which he definitely is not. He can't win those long hoofballs and drop them back to our advancing players. We have to play differently with Kean on the pitch unfortunately, and that would require a half-decent midfield which we don't have.

Jun 16, 2020
I clearly said 2nd FULL season. He has played about 50 full games worth of minutes in senior football by now, he's still learning to walk
This is a valid argument although it’s a bit disappointing that he didn’t play a bit more.

I see Kean as long term project. He improved since he left but is far from a finished product. He relies a lot on his speed and the technical part of his game has to improve. Luckily finishing is one of his trade marks and that’s one of the most important qualities in his position.

He has a long way to go, he’ll stay im quite sure about that. We need a HG player. Let’s not forget that he’s only 21.

He has to find a way to use his strength and speed more to his advantage, while reading the game better. I doubt that his first touch and passing will turn into European top level within a few years, perhaps in his prime.

There’s no urgency with Chiesa, Dybala, Morata (I see extending his loan for another year) and perhaps Kaio. Allegri will undoubtedly improve him but it will take some time.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Kean is a great poacher and has the hustle in him required to succeed. But Morata has become so absolutely crucial to this team with his hold-up play and aerial power that Kean is kind of forced to play as a Morata replacement which he definitely is not. He can't win those long hoofballs and drop them back to our advancing players. We have to play differently with Kean on the pitch unfortunately, and that would require a half-decent midfield which we don't have.
I think that’s where Kaio comes in. From everything I’ve read and seen in his metrics/positioning at Santos he seems like a much better fit to back up Morata. Allegri also mentioned his intelligence yesterday.

I also agree with the other poster that Kean is more of a winger, at least in Allegris system. He won’t have to worry about linking/holding play and can just attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)