Moise Kean (35 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I might need to rewatch the goal again but how much time did he have to react to it? His reaction was odd as fuck but, during the game, I felt like Rabiot was the one at fault. He misjudged his jump and, once he did that, it was always going to be tough situation for whoever was behind him. Kean was obviously not anticipating the ball would arrive to him and had no time to react.
He headed the ball towards the goal. If it hit him and got in it would’ve been a different story but he literally headed the ball intentionally.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Not his fault.
Balls in the 5m square are GK balls.
So then who is at fault? Was Tek supposed to run straight into Rabiot after the ball?

I don't know what Allegri instructs the players to do on corner kicks but it looked to me like Rabiot was supposed to have that area covered rather than Tek come off his line :boh:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
If you watch closely, top GK rule in that area, corners especially. They don't fuck around.
Top goalkeepers usually do not have players heading the ball towards their own goal. You can blame Tek for not gathering the ball all you want but without Kean this goal couldn’t be scored.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He headed the ball towards the goal. If it hit him and got in it would’ve been a different story but he literally headed the ball intentionally.
I agree, even for the circumstance, the reaction is odd as fuck. Maybe Kean just doesn't have the right instincts to defend in that situation and it should be someone else while Kean stays forward or at the edge of the box?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So then who is at fault? Was Tek supposed to run straight into Rabiot after the ball?

I don't know what Allegri instructs the players to do on corner kicks but it looked to me like Rabiot was supposed to have that area covered rather than Tek come off his line :boh:
I thought the worst part of it initially was Rabiot. Should never have missed the ball there. Half-assed, mistimed jump.

Kean’s reaction once the ball came by was pretty terrible, but he had zero time to react and made a bad mistake. He was unlucky, but also messed up. Unless it becomes a regular thing I’m not at all bothered

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
It’s simple. Without Kean the goal would not be. Tek made a mistake but in this case it wouldn’t have been consequential if Kean didn’t have a brain fart.
Yes it's simple he yells "it's mine (ball)" he clears it and that's it.
There's no Rabiot flop, no Kean own goal.

Watch some guy named Buffon, they say he was a beast back in the days.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I thought the worst part of it initially was Rabiot. Should never have missed the ball there. Half-assed, mistimed jump.

Kean’s reaction once the ball came by was pretty terrible, but he had zero time to react and made a bad mistake. He was unlucky, but also messed up. Unless it becomes a regular thing I’m not at all bothered
As I said above. If he lacks the instincts then he shouldn't be in such a position on defensive set pieces in the first place. Its not as if he is particularly tall or good in the air anyway

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
I'm all for a GK claiming the ball when he needs to but Tek shouldn't have had to in that situation. Rabiot was in the right space and shouldn't have missed the fucking ball.
Tek doesn't commands or clears so it's left to the players to do that. Sometimes they succeed sometimes they don't. That's because they can't use their hands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)