Moise Kean (36 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
And where did Kean play scoring 7 goals in 7 games as an 18 year old?

Who had more pressure on him? Kean coming off a bad season with Everton, 20 years old, in a team where he had to score to survive or Vlahović who played and had freedom no matter what?

It is always, always much tougher to play and coach in a big team with big expectations than at any 'weak' team.
You make it sound like Kean was the leader of PSG.. He was just a backup forward. He is a good player, no one is taking it from him but he isnt really anywhere near WC.
Vlahovic is definitely on the way.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Yap our left side is terrible. A.Sandro gradually went from world class to a jabroni. His defending are ok (relatively as I have complaints for this aspect as well) but his attacking game seized to exist.
The situation is so bad I’m hoping Pellegrini re discovers his form from two seasons ago with Cagliari when he was a pretty consistent threat going forward. If we get that Pellegrini he should be able to take minutes from Sandro. The biggest question is will Allegri give him that opportunity, or will he just stick de Sciglio out there instead? I still remember Max dicking Spinazzola (and Coman) around. Hopefully he’s changed.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I think we've perhaps overpaid a bit considering the circumstances, but I'm glad he's back and I'm sure that he will do well for us again just as he had in the past.

Welcome back!

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
You make it sound like Kean was the leader of PSG.. He was just a backup forward. He is a good player, no one is taking it from him but he isnt really anywhere near WC.
Vlahovic is definitely on the way.
No, I make it sound like Kean had a lot of pressure on him and he didn't crumble. He benched Icardi and scored the same amount as Vlahović in much tougher circumstances.

I'm not saying Vlahović didn't do anything and it was super easy for him etc., he obviously has talent, but if you're looking to what translates more to a big club it is certainly what Kean did. He already has CL appearances and goals, he already played with big players and under pressure. There is many more cases of what Vlahović did not translating in a big club than what Kean did.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Hope Kean proves a lot of people, including myself, wrong. We need one of these young forwards to pop this season whether it’s Kean, Jorge, shit even Da Graca. Someone, anyone....help.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
No, I make it sound like Kean had a lot of pressure on him and he didn't crumble. He benched Icardi and scored the same amount as Vlahović in much tougher circumstances.

I'm not saying Vlahović didn't do anything and it was super easy for him etc., he obviously has talent, but if you're looking to what translates more to a big club it is certainly what Kean did. He already has CL appearances and goals, he already played with big players and under pressure. There is many more cases of what Vlahović did not translating in a big club than what Kean did.
I'm not sure how the circumstances are tougher for Kean playing in the French league, getting passes from Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria, Verratti, etc.

What we can sort of say for sure is that there is no drop off from Icardi to Kean. They had almost identical rate stats playing in an identical setup.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I'm not sure how the circumstances are tougher for Kean playing in the French league, getting passes from Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria, Verratti, etc.

What we can sort of say for sure is that there is no drop off from Icardi to Kean. They had almost identical rate stats playing in an identical setup.
Because of the pressure and expectations playing with those players. Vlahović can go 10 games without a goal at Fiorentina without anyone batting an eye or him losing his place. Kean can miss chances two games in a row and Neymar stops passing to him. Happened to Cavani, it would happen to him too.

Nothing compares to playing at a big club with big expectations. Mental aspect is the toughest and nothing overcomes it, no matter how good your teammates are.

Not saying either or neither or just one will be WC. Anything can happen. Just saying that this argument 'it was easy for Kean with player XYZ' is the same as 'it was easy for Juve or Bayern to win their leagues'. It's BS

And let's say Vlahović is a better player than Kean now - he certainly isn't 40m better.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Because of the pressure and expectations playing with those players. Vlahović can go 10 games without a goal at Fiorentina without anyone batting an eye or him losing his place. Kean can miss chances two games in a row and Neymar stops passing to him. Happened to Cavani, it would happen to him too.

Nothing compares to playing at a big club with big expectations. Mental aspect is the toughest and nothing overcomes it, no matter how good your teammates are.

Not saying either or neither or just one will be WC. Anything can happen. Just saying that this argument 'it was easy for Kean with player XYZ' is the same as 'it was easy for Juve or Bayern to win their leagues'. It's BS

And let's say Vlahović is a better player than Kean now - he certainly isn't 40m better.
Lets hope you are right and Kean is near his level. I wouldnt particularly bet on it but I hope our boy proves himself

- - - Updated - - -

Lets hope we’ll have both Vlahovic and Kean next year in attack. Exit Morata. I’m also quite convinced about Vlahovic while I wasn’t that about Kean, but haven’t seen much of him in the past years.
Yap, the 10M loan thing is nice when you have no other options but no other options is for a transitional time and not permanent.
Next year we should either buy him or move on and I definitely believe we should move on.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
this player doesn't inspire confidence.

between him, kulusevksi and pellegrini we have some really uninspired youngsters in first team

- - - Updated - - -

edit: but now raiola owes us a big transfer. so work your magic fat man

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
how did kulu make top 50?

only top 50 list kulu should be in is a top 50 compilation of him dribbling no one when he gets the ball on right flank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)