Moise Kean (76 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Good backup attacker imo though he is no CR7 replacement. Would feel better about this move if we had someone in the side who regularly gets 20+ per season.

It would be less of a problem if the midfield had goals in em but they don't

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Kean is at a crossroads. He is still extremely young so there is still a path for him but he has to decide what striker he wants to become. For me, he is not a complete #9 that dribbles and creates and he has to stop doing that.

He has to play for the team. One touch and move to the net. His only advantage is his pace and physicality. His ball control and dribbling is not good enough to try to be Balotelli.

I really hope if he returns, Allegri can convince him to play as a target man. Much less on the ball and more attacking spaces.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Kean is at a crossroads. He is still extremely young so there is still a path for him but he has to decide what striker he wants to become. For me, he is not a complete #9 that dribbles and creates and he has to stop doing that.

He has to play for the team. One touch and move to the net. His only advantage is his pace and physicality. His ball control and dribbling is not good enough to try to be Balotelli.

I really hope if he returns, Allegri can convince him to play as a target man. Much less on the ball and more attacking spaces.
He played much more like that at PSG. Just see his goals, with proper work he can be a proper #9.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Everton are demanding €40m in order to sell Kean, they want to include an obligation terms in the loan deal, Juventus are not considering to meet this demands. (GdS)
We better put that down to obligation 20m + 10m bonuses (5m easy bonus, 5m hard to achieve bonus)
And get him on at least 1 year loan @5m first. So the total of this operation is 35m if all bonus achieved

We did sell to them for 27.5m so the development for 2 years for him max at 7.5m (if all bonuses achieved)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Loan with option would be great but I assume it would turn into obligation because if he comes here it surely means he'll be getting plenty of minutes, no way Raiola would bring his boy to warm our bench. He'd play at least 2000 minutes.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Provided that the conditions on the obligation are sensible that seems an ok deal.

I'd rather take the chance on him on loan than blow our money on Belotti or Muriel or an older washed up player on high wages. Given that Ronaldo has left so late in the window maybe this is the best we can do now, then regroup and plan something better for next summer.

I like Kean and think he could develop into a good striker, he is only 21 after all plus being homegrown is a big plus. His movement in the box and willingness to run in behind bring something different and could be a good impact sub. But he is still very raw and has lots to work on. If he doesn't progress it's hard to see us wanting him here in a couple of years.

I am slightly concerned about going into the season with 3 inconsistent strikers though in Morata, Dybala (mainly fitness wise) and Kean, plus the completely untested Kaio Jorge. Suddenly winning the scudetto back and getting a decent run in Europe seems like a bigger challenge.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Never should've left. I've always liked Kean and Juve is the perfect environment for him.
I think it's a good thing he left. He wouldn't develop here since he wouldn't get many minutes.

I don't think he's the next best thing but I do like his qualities and he's more of a modern type of player compared to plenty of our links. Having him with Dybala and Chiesa on the sides would be interesting to watch. I don't think Kean would score shitload but all three of them would bang in quite many.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)