Moise Kean (37 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
great. all the more reason we should have just friggin' kept him instead of paying millions for him now

- - - Updated - - -

whatever though I will still gladly take him back. I want the player, just fucking stupid move on the club to sell him
didn’t we sell him for 30 something million? So wouldn’t that mean we actually did some good profitable business in buying him back for less now?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
didn’t we sell him for 30 something million? So wouldn’t that mean we actually did some good profitable business in buying him back for less now?
5m profit? Considering how we BLEW through that 5m in a fraction of the salaries we picked up since he left?

I would hardly call that good business. I never wanted him sold. I would obviously be very happy if he came back. But the fact that we are buying him back for that much money seems ridiculous to me.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
5m profit? Considering how we BLEW through that 5m in a fraction of the salaries we picked up since he left?

I would hardly call that good business. I never wanted him sold. I would obviously be very happy if he came back. But the fact that we are buying him back for that much money seems ridiculous to me.
Yeah, I would have preferred we keep him too, we interrupted what was very promising development with that disastrous Everton move for him, but I’m happy to have him back if he’s coming. Glad the Cherub is undoing more idiotic moves by Tici.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah, I would have preferred we keep him too, we interrupted what was very promising development with that disastrous Everton move for him, but I’m happy to have him back if he’s coming. Glad the Cherub is undoing more idiotic moves by Tici.
I really can't think of any of these loan/obligations with options to buy/bring back that have ever worked. Ever.

And we have a habit of selling strikers to bring them back: Matri & Morata. Now Kean.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I really can't think of any of these loan/obligations with options to buy/bring back that have ever worked. Ever.

And we have a habit of selling strikers to bring them back: Matri & Morata. Now Kean.
You can't think of a loan with obligation to buy deal that worked for us? Seriously?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You can't think of a loan with obligation to buy deal that worked for us? Seriously?
I mean a player we owned and sold to another club with the option to buy back providing he got better. Who am I missing?

- - - Updated - - -

Or a player we loaned to bring back.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I mean a player we owned and sold to another club with the option to buy back providing he got better. Who am I missing?

- - - Updated - - -

Or a player we loaned to bring back.
didn't we loan marchisio to empoli? Anyway im not sure what that has to do with Kean as we did not loan him out. If the player is good enough why do you care if he played somewhere else for a season?

Many of the players we loan out aren't particularly good

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
didn't we loan marchisio to empoli? Anyway im not sure what that has to do with Kean as we did not loan him out. If the player is good enough why do you care if he played somewhere else for a season?
I was expanding on the example that we have an absolutely horrible record on said examples.

PI mentioned we interrupted his promising development. At that point I brought up the examples of our endless loaning our youngsters and they never ever develop.

If Marchisio is the ONLY modern example we can come up with, then our club is doomed for youth growth.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I’m cool with him being our main transfer target now. He knows the club, has a load of potential, and isn’t a one trick pony. Spending a season in Paris with some big names could only help, although I don’t trust Neymar. We don’t have a lot of leadership up there now so he has the chance to work hard and become a starter. Shouldn’t have sold him in the first place, silly club.

I don’t want any of the other names mentioned plz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)