Moise Kean (133 Viewers)

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
And I loved how he worked even he got booed and insulted everytime he had the ball. Even after his goal, he ran and fighted. That was already mature of him. His celebration? I'm okay with that. Now I hope he can handle what happened, the monkey chants, the Bonucci comments and everything and gets stronger out of it.

FORZA KEAN!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Then on the other hand you have Balotelli... where the reactions became more than the actions and it undermined his development as a player and a person.
I think it's pretty obvious Balotelli has deep rooted psychological issues. I have a lot of sympathy for the guy. I think he has the heart in the right place and he shows it quite often. But he combines massive insecurities about who he is as a human being with a below average intelligence and the difficult reality of always being in the spotlight.

To be honest with you there are times I think it's a miracle he's still playing football.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think it's pretty obvious Balotelli has deep rooted psychological issues. I have a lot of sympathy for the guy. I think he has the heart in the right place and he shows it quite often. But he combines massive insecurities about who he is as a human being with a below average intelligence and the difficult reality of always being in the spotlight.

To be honest with you there are times I think it's a miracle he's still playing football.
I buy your theory. A lot of his machismo and posturing surely could be motivated to cover for his own deep-seated insecurities. When you are operating from a place like that, you can never be yourself.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Focus on your craft, in a few years you'll outgrow this league and have won everything there will be to be won, then take your talents elsewhere, you already know where you stand in this league/country.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
I buy your theory. A lot of his machismo and posturing surely could be motivated to cover for his own deep-seated insecurities. When you are operating from a place like that, you can never be yourself.
Uhhhh on Balo perhaps he's just had a rough upbringing where he felt like he didn't belong. Add in the racists and his home issues I'd say he's handled it all as well as one can.

- - - Updated - - -

D3PX3oHXoAESprs.jpg

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Uhhhh on Balo perhaps he's just had a rough upbringing where he felt like he didn't belong. Add in the racists and his home issues I'd say he's handled it all as well as one can.
I'm not so sure about that. His rough upbringing could still result in his inability to be comfortable in his own skin. Again, it's about reaction instead of proactive action in that case: you define yourself by others and what they seem to think, say, and do -- not by anything intrinsic to yourself. The challenge with that mode is that you exist in opposition to others, meaning your focus is external and not internal.

Now a lot of athletes use a chip-on-their-shoulder approach for motivation and to "prove others wrong" ... even if the fans are on your side. Psychological sports research shows a lot of sports figures use that as a crutch ... even to the extent of mentally fabricating a world of haters that really do not exist for them. And that is true regardless of skin color.

But I can't help but get a sense that Balotelli was always reacting to external forces and was never able to operate from within himself. The idiot racists everywhere made it more difficult for him than 99% of most athletes, to be sure. But without an ability to turn inward and not be purely motivated by the outward, he was always going to be lost.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I just hope kean doesnt turn into a Balo 2.0

Im sadly getting all the balo vibes from him. Balo is even his idol.

Kean please be better than balo

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't understand the concerns about Kean turning into Balo.

They really don't seem like similar personalities.

Is it because he is a fan of Balotelli? He is a young Italian striker of African heritage and grew up in a time when Balotelli was Italy's top striker. Of course he going to be a fan of him, there is a lot that he can relate to with him. I'm sure Balotelli was the idol for a lot of Italian kids of similar age.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Is it because he is a fan of Balotelli? He is a young Italian striker of African heritage and grew up in a time when Balotelli was Italy's top striker. Of course he going to be a fan of him, there is a lot that he can relate to with him. I'm sure Balotelli was the idol for a lot of Italian kids of similar age.
It is totally baseless and unfair. No reason at all to assume kean is as crazy as Mario

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

According to Wikipedia, Obafemi Martins was his idol as well :D and he supported inter :inter: (SELL!)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I posted the same^

It's natural that he looked up to Balotelli. That's the end of the similarities so far for me. Kean works hard, is mobile, and shows a lot of hunger and strong mentality. Mario is magic with a football but puts in 0 hard work and just causes trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 132)