Moggi wants Milan rematch (2 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Juve struggled against the Rossoneri this month and lost in 2003, but Luciano Moggi hopes to meet Milan in the Champions’ League Final.

“I would like to face them again in Istanbul on May 25,” said the Turin giants’ director general. “It would be our chance for revenge after our Old Trafford defeat and of course a triumph for Italian football. It’s never nice to lose a trophy on penalties.”

Marcello Lippi was still in charge when Juventus lost the shoot-out in 2003, a defeat that evidently still stings the Bianconeri’s consciousness.

To clash in Europe would be a crowning achievement for both clubs, but in the meantime it’s almost certain the Scudetto is now a two-horse race between them.

“I don’t think any other team could possibly break back into it now,” added Moggi, “even if the season still has a long way to go and many obstacles to encounter.”

Their disappointing performance in the 0-0 draw with Milan before the Christmas break led newspapers to claim there will be massive changes in the squad over the January period.

“I was very satisfied with our overall show in 2004,” insisted the transfer guru. “Nobody will be signed next month, as we already have four or five strikers available. However, we have received requests for Nicola Legrottaglie, Igor Tudor and Mark Iuliano.”

It’s widely believed that Legrottaglie will join his former Chievo mentor Gigi Del Neri at Roma, possibly in exchange for an option on Milan target Cristian Chivu.

Source: Channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
Juve struggled against the Rossoneri this month and lost in 2003, but Luciano Moggi hopes to meet Milan in the Champions’ League Final.

“I would like to face them again in Istanbul on May 25,” said the Turin giants’ director general. “It would be our chance for revenge after our Old Trafford defeat and of course a triumph for Italian football. It’s never nice to lose a trophy on penalties.”

Marcello Lippi was still in charge when Juventus lost the shoot-out in 2003, a defeat that evidently still stings the Bianconeri’s consciousness.

To clash in Europe would be a crowning achievement for both clubs, but in the meantime it’s almost certain the Scudetto is now a two-horse race between them.

“I don’t think any other team could possibly break back into it now,” added Moggi, “even if the season still has a long way to go and many obstacles to encounter.”

Their disappointing performance in the 0-0 draw with Milan before the Christmas break led newspapers to claim there will be massive changes in the squad over the January period.

“I was very satisfied with our overall show in 2004,” insisted the transfer guru. “Nobody will be signed next month, as we already have four or five strikers available. However, we have received requests for Nicola Legrottaglie, Igor Tudor and Mark Iuliano.”

It’s widely believed that Legrottaglie will join his former Chievo mentor Gigi Del Neri at Roma, possibly in exchange for an option on Milan target Cristian Chivu.

Source: Channel4.com
It'd be a mistake to get rid of those three players. We'd be awefully short in defense, but I could see Moggi losing two of the three.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
It’s widely believed that Legrottaglie will join his former Chievo mentor Gigi Del Neri at Roma, possibly in exchange for an option on Milan target Cristian Chivu

if chivu come next season, tudor can go

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I would love to see Chivu in Juventus. He's not only a good defender and left-back, he's a great free-kicker too ;)

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
I want Milan rematch also all Milan fans keep bragging about how good they are etc but didnt we beat them in the cup before this season I cant remember the name ofthe cup though.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
With this form we cant beat milan , so i hope when we play milan next time we are in a better condition , i remmember when we had zedan we beaten milan 3-0 in turin and once 6-1 in san siro:D

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    With this form we cant beat milan , so i hope when we play milan next time we are in a better condition , i remmember when we had zidane we beaten milan 3-0 in turin and once 6-1 in san siro:D
    Hehehehe

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    With this form we cant beat milan , so i hope when we play milan next time we are in a better condition , i remmember when we had zedan we beaten milan 3-0 in turin and once 6-1 in san siro:D
    that sounds like a fairy tale to me...

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
    i KNEW we wouldn't sign anyone! :(

Well, if we don't we have to live with it. Let's see how they do against Livorno tomorrow.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I have both of those matches on tape. :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
    i KNEW we wouldn't sign anyone! :(
    Do we ever in the January transfer window? We didn't last season when we really needed someone so we won't this season when we're in much better shape. We could use a change or two, but it just isn't Juve's style to buy in January.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)