Moggi to make movie (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
okay this is dated in July, I stumbled upon it by mistake, did a search and no mention of it here:

(ANSA) - Rome, July 26 - Luciano Moggi, the biggest bad guy in last year's Calciopoli match-fixing scandal, may be about to make his movie debut.

The former Juventus director general says he has been contacted to star in L'Allenatore Nel Pallone 2, the sequel to a popular 1984 Italian comedy about a soccer coach's struggle to keep his side in the top flight.

Moggi is the alleged ringleader of attempts to arrange friendly match officials for some teams' games in the 2004-05 season.

Juventus were relegated and stripped of the 2005 and 2006 titles because of the scandal - they won promotion back to Serie A in May - while AC Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina and Reggina were docked league points.

Moggi has been banned from soccer for five years and is among 37 people facing criminal charges related to Calciopoli in Naples.

He is also on trial in Rome along with his son Alessandro and four others over allegations that Moggi junior's player management agency exerted an illegal hold over the Serie A transfer market.

Moggi said the film's director, Sergio Martino, asked him to star in it.

According to Italian media reports, the cast will also include Azzurri World Cup winners Alessandro Del Piero, Francesco Totti and Gennaro Gattuso, as well as former Brazil and AS Roma great Falcao.

"I'll be in good company and dealing with footballers is something I know how to do," Moggi told the Star TV weekly magazine.

"I'm not changing jobs, it's just a bit of fun while I wait for them to cancel my ban.

"Soccer is still my passion. I'm not an actor, I'm just going to enjoy myself".

Martino is scheduled to start shooting the movie next month.

The former Juve chief said he has reserved the right not to take part in the film, however, if he does not like the screenplay, which he has not been able to read so far.

The film's producers have not officially announced the cast yet.

The leading star of both the original 1984 film and its sequel, veteran Italian actor Lino Banfi, said he knew nothing about Moggi's involvement in the new project.​

link

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)