Moggi rules out new signings (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
thing im worried bout is, we're at the knockout stages next, home & away and conceding goals could prove very, very vital to our expense. we just can't afford silly mistakes anymore.

with the current defence i think juve'll have more chances of winning serie a than CL. im not saying we can't win the CL, but I think winning the serie a is easier this season :)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i just feel that no matter which competition you play in, a solid defence is neccessary. Serie A, its the key, although you may get away with it as long as you draw with the big teams and make sure you score more against the lower teams, as juve has done the past few seasons.

But the CL is more so. Real Madrid are the prime example last season. who can better zz, figo, raul, ronaldo, carlos in team?? they can score 5 goals a game without even trying. but their defence leaked more than the Titanic when it hit the ice berg. they suffered and were over-run.

and i dont think our defence has been good all season. infact, last season it was a concern as well. everyone knew that ferrara was getting slower and that montero was looking more of a liability than anything else. Legrottaglie wasnt going to change anything.

we can play with a brazilian mentality scoring more goals than the other team, but that doesnt win you things such as a CL. you need solidarity at the back, without it, teams such as Real, united, milan, chelsea and even arsenal can hurt you.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Then we have a big black hole in our central defence :)

Hope not, but we will have seirous troubles if this continue in this way.
Are you refering to Thuram?:D
No you are right our central defence is deplorable and to make matters worse for me, the players being played there are not the best at our disposal as Tudor and Thuram are better by a long way than the ones we keep playing there

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
Mark my words, Lippi would resurrect this defense and make it formidable towards last of the season.

Forza Juve
Forza Montero
Forza Ciro
Forza Legro
Forza Gigi
Forza Zambro

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Lets hope that Juvelogy... as it seems that we will not have any choice but to trust in the guys that we have.

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
If a player from a CL or UEFA team is bought in the January transfer window, he CAN play for another CL team after January. Look at the recent rumors ! you can see this clearly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)