Moggi rules out new signings (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Juventus rule out signings
Wednesday 10 December, 2003

Juventus transfer guru Luciano Moggi insists that his club will not bring in any new faces in January.

The Bianconeri have been heavily linked with the Lazio trio of Dejan Stankovic, Jaap Stam and Massimo Oddo but Moggi claims they won’t arrive.

"Up until two weeks ago everyone was saying that we had the best squad in the Division," he stated. "We have 26 players and we don’t need any more."

The Italian champions were being tipped to make some move in the transfer window after consecutive defeats against Inter, Galatasaray and Lazio.

"I admit that this isn’t a great period for us but we will get through it," added the director general. "Losing two League games is not the end of the world."

Critics have blamed Juventus’ leaky defence and poor athletic condition for their recent crisis but Moggi is not looking for culprits.

"Nobody is to blame," continued the official. "All sides go through good and bad spells. This is one of the latter but I’m convinced we can pick ourselves up.

"We’ve had a drop in our fitness levels but that often occurs at this time of the year with us. We know what to do."

History certainly suggests that Moggi is right. Last season, Juventus lost consecutive games against Brescia and Lazio – gaining just two points in four matches. They went on to win the title.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I dont think he is. It's not his style to buy players in January.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    It's difficult to tell what's going to happen because as Zlatan said, it's not Moggi's style to buy players in January, but at the same time, Moggi has a habit of saying something and then doing the exact opposite.

Sep 28, 2002
    who do we have the back???

legrottaglie, montero, ferrara, iuliano, tudor. oh my god, fresi. sure, we dont need anyone. we got the perfect line up :groan:

Jul 12, 2002
    I think that the defence could possibly see us through to a trophy or two at the end of the season, but it would be a stretch and I think that the load of shots on Buffon is beginning to take it's toll.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i like how he says he juve has 26 players in their squad. about 5 rarley get used and at least another 5 are not good enough.

if anything, why not sell fresi, zalayeta, montero and loan out the likes of olivera and make conte retire. this should free up some space for quality defenders!:fero:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    we can still win lo scudetto, its not beyond us. we have the fire power IMO. but the CL was the one everyone wanted this season, including lippi. this seems like a dream more than anything else.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    we can still win lo scudetto, its not beyond us. we have the fire power IMO. but the CL was the one everyone wanted this season, including lippi. this seems like a dream more than anything else.
    Come on, we're unbeaten except for the gala game, but we weren't even trying.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

Come on, we're unbeaten except for the gala game, but we weren't even trying.

so you're saying that if we try a little harder champions cup is ours to take? so that means that our defence is good enough to win the cl but not good enough against serie a teams. goals conceded in the play offs are vital. if we'll get i bit more attacking team and if our defence does not pull itself together we will be out very soon.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I agree with Ian on this one. Up until our defeats to Inter and Lazio everyone was somewhat confident. I know that our defence leaks goals, but it's not beyond us to fix this problem.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    I'm not too sure why, but I actually believe that we have more of a chance to win the CL than we do to win lo Scudetto. As I said, I'm not sure why, but I just have this funny feeling that we're going all the way. Hopefully I'm correct.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I dont know fantasista....
    Maybe we can fix the problem temporarily... but with the likes of montero doing fouls like crazy.. i think its hopeless.

Our attackers can save our games osmetimes.. but there will be times when we willl need tough defending to go thorugh. We are not real madrid who can barely dpeends on attack, we are a team that needs great defending to go on.

Now we have a great attacking power... ubt if only our defence improve a little...

damm.-

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    I agree with Ian on this one. Up until our defeats to Inter and Lazio everyone was somewhat confident. I know that our defence leaks goals, but it's not beyond us to fix this problem.

i was pissed our defence straight from the start. i remember complaining here that buffon does not keep any clean sheets. and the team goes unbeaten for 16 games its pretty natural that you become confident, esp. if last year you've reached final and this year team only improved in terms of depth and talent. i am not saying that our team needs reconstructing in all areas. no, when our midfield regains top form strikers will do very well. but defence will keep on conceding goals. i was very disappointed when we didn't sign any defenders after getting legro therefore i am for reinforcing our backline when transfer window reopens.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    I dont know fantasista....
    Maybe we can fix the problem temporarily... but with the likes of montero doing fouls like crazy.. i think its hopeless.

Our attackers can save our games osmetimes.. but there will be times when we willl need tough defending to go thorugh. We are not real madrid who can barely dpeends on attack, we are a team that needs great defending to go on.

Now we have a great attacking power... ubt if only our defence improve a little...

damm.-
    i think that recently legro was worse than montero. montero comits lots of stupid fouls but everyone fouls. and not every foul leads to goal. while legro makes many mistakes that leads to goals recently. overall he is better than montero, but at the moment legro gives us more troubles.
    and troubles in our defence are by far bigger than just fouling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)