Moggi Loses It! (2 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++

You've got your maths wrong! 4-2=3-1 ;) That's how we get optimal balance in the formation!

Nonsense aside, providing that we get the 3 AMs right (any trio combi from the fantasy squad of ADP, Miccoli, Mutu, Nedved, Ballack, Aimar, Riquelme, D'Alessandro), they ARE the main attacking threat. Trez becomes decoy and when the opponents shift focus on the marking, he's as good as free and we all know how deadly he can be ...

Nope, it isn't the formation but the players and a matter of getting used to.
Slack, how about Miccoli playing alongside Trezegueet and Del Piero dropping back into trequarsista role. I understand Alex isn't natural playmaker but I think Miccoli's pace, movement, would give extra dimension to the game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
I understand Alex isn't natural playmaker
if only that were our only problem....ale has the abilites to play in that role but thing is he doesn't want to play as a trequarista. he has made this clear both to juve and to the azzuri.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
if only that were our only problem....ale has the abilites to play in that role but thing is he doesn't want to play as a trequarista. he has made this clear both to juve and to the azzuri.
Then SELL him.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Slack, how about Miccoli playing alongside Trezegueet and Del Piero dropping back into trequarsista role. I understand Alex isn't natural playmaker but I think Miccoli's pace, movement, would give extra dimension to the game.
That should work fine on paper but alas, as Paranoia has correctly pointed out, ADP resents the trequartista role.

In any case, I think that both ADP (forward) and Miccoli (free role) might inflict more damage in a reverse arrangement. I'm presuming Miccoli has inferior ball-holding skills but is much more explosive compared to ADP. Its highly speculative as I'm NOT sure how those attributes will effect the outcome on the field in their relative positions?

2 scenarios -

a) Cut-and-thrust : ADP assumes holding role in the 'hole', dictates the offence behind a pushing Miccoli (hellish against offside traps) and tandem plays with Trez from deep.

b) Miccoli (facing goal, packs a TREMENDOUS shot from 20+ yards) darts behind a 'stronger' front pair with ADP playing more back-to-goal, resuming a natural partnership with Trez.

What do you think, Jun?

Another variation could be both ADP and Miccoli as second forwards behind Trez, who will have to improve his showings as a sole striker as of now.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i simply see Miccoli as a DP Sub.

though if you want to make a formation with DP, Miccoli, and Trez; here's my shot at it:

There won't be room for both Nedved and Camo as they are both offensive.

This is the best i can come up with:

--------------------------Buffon-----------------------
--Thuram-----Tudor--Montero---Zambrotta--
----------Camo------Tacchinardi----Davids-------
------------------Miccoli------------DP----------------
--------------------------Trez--------------------------

Trez will just have to get used to this role. i dont see DP in a playmaker role..

there is no sense in playing in this formation as DP, Trez won't be comfortable. Camo won't be able to play wide enough. Nedved who is the heart of the midfield will have to be dropped to the bench.

Jul 12, 2002
Why keep DP and Miccoli? Niether is weak enough to sit on the bench and they are too similar to play together. Sell one or the other. It's as simple as that.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am with Slack on this one as i see Miccolli as more of an attacking midfielder in the Nedved mode than a second striker as for a second striker scoring 6 or 5 goals in seriea for a small club where you are the focal point is pretty pathetic and definitely will not be tolerated at a big club like Juve going for scudetto and Cl but for an attacking mf, it aint a bad return and of cos he not too big to be on Juve's bench as your first season as an unknown is usually easy, the difficult bit is when defenders are ready for ya and thats usually in the next season but i do like the guy though as he seems confident

Jul 12, 2002
Alright then, Nedved has to go after next year, or else Miccoli has to go. Y'all can't have your cake and eat it too.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
We should definately keep Nedved, Del Piero and all of our reamainig key players for the next season. They are all very important to the team as they bring quality and all the tacktics are built around them. If we will sell one or two of them the team would be largely weakened and Lippi would have to create new tacktics and a new formation.

So, I think we should sell Salas as he's no use, and bring in a new attacker that would be ready to step on the field when Trez or DP wouldn't play. We already have Di Vaio and Zala, but that's not enough. We need someone with creative skills so that he could replace DP or Nedved if they wouldn't play. Perhaps Miccoli could be the answer.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
after neddy leaves after next season,we'll have to buy a world class midfielder.

can't wait to see who it will be..
Agreed. But I hope he will stay for a bit longer...:down:

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #99
    i can see him as coach,or even manager some time down the road.

now wouldn't that be great:extatic:
    I doubt he could make a top level manager. Seems too nice, I can't imagine him shouting or getting tough when needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)