Moggi Loses It! (2 Viewers)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Sorry to True Juventinos but I think Juve will sell Trez or at least let him sit on the bench if he doesn't pick up his game. Miccoli will probably be preferred to partner Del Piero if he doesn't pick up anytime soon...

Sorry, but if Miccoli comes to Juve next year (which is likely) he may just steal the spotlight away from our beloved striker.

Buy on AliExpress.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Yes, how true! Trez just can't play in the 4-2-3-1! Remember the first games in 2003, when Trez and DP played in the attack! Trez scored nearly all goals! When DP comes back, and we will play the 4-3-1-2 again, Trez will score goals again!
And.............We need a big striker to get the high crosses! And I just can't see Miccoli scoring headers! Thats a joke!

Trez will stay, and Miccoli will be our 3rd striker!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Yes, how true! Trez just can't play in the 4-2-3-1! Remember the first games in 2003, when Trez and DP played in the attack! Trez scored nearly all goals! When DP comes back, and we will play the 4-3-1-2 again, Trez will score goals again!
And.............We need a big striker to get the high crosses! And I just can't see Miccoli scoring headers! Thats a joke!

Trez will stay, and Miccoli will be our 3rd striker!
You're right, Miccoli is much more likely to be the replacement for Del piero than for Trez.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yeah, trez doesnt suit this 4-2=3=1 formation, but which striker would. the striker is totally isoliated, its a stupid formation.

Its a formation which will not exist once del piero returns from injury.

Once trez has del piero playing alongside him creating, and taking some of the other defending away from him, he will score as per usual!!

trezeguet is one of the best srtikers on the planet, we sell him......and it would be as big of a mistake as it was selling Vieri, who wasnt as good as Trez is now at his age.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Miccoli is in now way a Trez replacement.

i dont see Del Piero playing along side Miccoli ever!! (unless there is a 3rd stricker)
they have similar styles.

i dont even think Miccoli can take the spot light off Trez ever.

he is talanted, but he doesn't score like Trez.
When Trez was Miccoli's age, he was making headlines all over europe and he will continue to.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
i dont even think Miccoli can take the spot light off Trez ever.

he is talanted, but he doesn't score like Trez.
When Trez was Miccoli's age, he was making headlines all over europe and he will continue to.
Miccoli is making headlines all over europe too.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeah i agree!!!

Sellling trezeguet means to quit attacking force to juve...

the problem right now with him is yhe formation,,,and it seems he needs delpiero near him to do his job. the mnain problem to solve is the delpiero injury,,,when he came beack,,,youll see a different trezeguet.

he is a promosing striker, and is young.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
yeah i agree!!!

Sellling trezeguet means to quit attacking force to juve...

the problem right now with him is yhe formation,,,and it seems he needs delpiero near him to do his job. the mnain problem to solve is the delpiero injury,,,when he came beack,,,youll see a different trezeguet.

he is a promosing striker, and is young.
Yes, yes he would be better with Dp, any striker would be better with DP. The point is that Trez is hardly any good at all without DP. That isn't real talent if you ask me.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Tavez is not a stricker like Cavenaghi...

the question is: Tevez or D'Ale.

i think D'Ale would be better since he can go wide. him and Nedved can change places when needed to adapt to other formations.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
yeah, trez doesnt suit this 4-2=3=1 formation, but which striker would. the striker is totally isoliated, its a stupid formation <snip>
You've got your maths wrong! 4-2=3-1 ;) That's how we get optimal balance in the formation!

Nonsense aside, providing that we get the 3 AMs right (any trio combi from the fantasy squad of ADP, Miccoli, Mutu, Nedved, Ballack, Aimar, Riquelme, D'Alessandro), they ARE the main attacking threat. Trez becomes decoy and when the opponents shift focus on the marking, he's as good as free and we all know how deadly he can be ...

Nope, it isn't the formation but the players and a matter of getting used to.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well about the orignal talent of trezeguet, you have a point because since delpiero´s injury he is not efficient.
but that is only a personal explanation of trezeguets "actual" lack of goals.

because he is a formidable striker, what better proof that last year "cappo cagineri " award? he was the top striker of last season.

definitely he have his own light

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Trez is good, he just needs time. Like Alex, it took him a while to recover from his knee injury.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
Trez is good, he just needs time. Like Alex, it took him a while to recover from his knee injury.
That's not really the issue. Trez was good coming off of the injury, but now that DP is gone, Trez looks like a lost puppy. Blaming the injury is a bit weak. Trez is performing poorly because DP is not there to give him the service he needs to be a great striker. My point is that we could be more effective without a striker who is reliant upon his set-up man. Arsenal is a good example of a team that have this type of system. They have Bergkamp and Henry. They are both better together, but Henry has the ability to score all by himself. Trez is reliant upon DP and he isn't going to be around forever and he isn't going to play every game.

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #75
    yeah totally

I mean, looking at Trezeguet in recent games, he looks lost without Del Piero.This is very worrying, if our perceived main goal threat cannot do a thing without Del Piero. Di Vaio on the other hand has looked pretty impressive, he is obviously a better all round player than Trez, who lets face it, does nothing but score.

This is why I hesitate to put Trez in the world class category. The likes of Vieri, RVN and Crespo, who are best comparable to Trez, IMO would be able to perform properly without the aid of Del Piero to put goals on a plate for them.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Di Vaio on the other hand has looked pretty impressive, he is obviously a better all round player than Trez, who lets face it, does nothing but score.
    I wouldn't say that Di Vaio is better, but he is more capable, if that makes any sense. I think that Trez is a great player to have on you team, but on anyother team that type of player is a sub. I wonder why on Juve, Trez is the star?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Di Vaio on the other hand and has looked pretty impressive, he is obviously a better all round player than Trez, who lets face it, does nothing but score.
    I wouldn't say that Di Vaio is allround better, I'd say more capable, but in truth, Trez is the better player, taking into account each's total abbility. The question is why is Trez a star? On other teams, players like Trez are substitutes.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

I wouldn't say that Di Vaio is allround better, I'd say more capable, but in truth, Trez is the better player, taking into account each's total abbility. The question is why is Trez a star? On other teams, players like Trez are substitutes.

well winning EURO2K certainly played a part in making him something of a household name back then...

he's like pippo in more than one sense....

plus scorers are always famous...

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
    well winning EURO2K certainly played a part in making him something of a household name back then...

he's like pippo in more than one sense....

plus scorers are always famous...
    No, what I mean is why is Trez a starter and an automatic starter. Players like trez are generally substitutes. Why does Treza start?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)