Moggi Loses It! (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Juve set for summer stopper
Posted by Alex | Football Italia

Transfer guru Luciano Moggi has revealed that Juventus will buy an established defender this summer.

The Bianconeri have been linked with a move for Lazio’s Jaap Stam and Moggi’s comments have added fuel to the fire.

"We will continue with our policy of buying young players even if we are set to bring in a great defender," said the club’s director general.

Moggi also made some interesting comments regarding possible Italian moves for David Beckham of Manchester United and Brazilian sensation Diego.

"I don’t think Beckham will come to Italy," he added. "He is a good player but not a phenomenon. Women seem to prefer him more than I do.

"As for Diego, there is too much hype about him and we are not interested. After all we already have the best youngster in the world – Ruben Olivera."

The Turin official also reflected on how the current financial crisis in the game had affected the value of players.

"Someone like Antonio Cassano is now only worth around a third of the £20m that Roma paid for him two years ago," he continued.

"Even a player like Zinedine Zidane is only worth around £20m, while Perugia’s Fabrizio Miccoli – who Juventus own – is valued at £12m."

The Old Lady of Italian football sold Zidane to Real Madrid in 2001 for a world record £50m.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell, is this guy constantly in a state of drug - induced fantasy? Oliveira the best youngster in the world? eh? Policy of buying young players? what policy is this? the one where we buy them, then loan them out to a string of crap clubs then sell them whilst we buy an aneing stop-gap for a lot of money (stam in this case)

lord help us when we have an eejit like this at the helm :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    :rolleyes:

I can do those myself now actually. I don't need you anymore :p;)

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #7
    erm..yeah

not that you were ever in any sort of position of empowerment over me

I was always more powerful :devil:

what am I talking about :stress::D

:wallbang:

I need some sleep

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Maybe Lippi is playing on buying them all.;).
    We all know what Lippi is like, "Say things in one direction and look on the other."
    :D:cool:

That is lesson which Sensi, Perez, have failed to learn.
    Moratti, though, looks like he finally learnt it, after spending hundreds of millions :p.

Square

Oct 6, 2002
    one defender!? we need two!

ferrara will NOT be able to handle it next season, let alone until may...

montero - past it.

its a realist possibility that thuram will be the only starter remaining next season - ferrara, pessoto and montero could all go, or become fringe players.

marquez/mexes, maybe even chivu, and bonera/zaccardo - is fairly realistic and could go ahead.

the midfield is probably covered next season - but i could seriously see camoranesi leavin if we dont sort is situation out.

if not - camoranesi, davids, maresca, nedved with blasi, zambrotta, brighi, tachinardi as good cover.

a playmaker would be a good buy - d'allesandro

up front is covered - trezeguet, di viaio, del piero, miccoli, zalayeta and possibly salas.

thats a strong team, and its a realisitc possiblity - and is a lot better then this weak, shallow team we have now with no depth...YEAH I SAID IT!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    If Montero leaves, and it looks like he will, we will get someone for sure. And also there's Tudor ... he is playing this season as a mid, only because there's no space in defence and because he's too inconsistent (injuries).

Stam ... well he's not my #1 pick, but I'm not totally against it either. It's hard to find a good, experienced, not-to-young-not-to-old defender this days :sigh:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    yeah, Stam would be a mistake. if moggi wants to fix things, he should get young centre backs, and maybe tell lippi to play tudor in defence and not midfield.

Chivu and mexes would be good. not to mention a left back...Armand sounds good to me.

D'alessandro for midfield, with maresca, brighi, blasi, ergic all returning.

Miccoli returning and replacements for salas, zalayeta and even di vaioi is he cant show us more in the rest of the season.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    can't moggi see that the point of buying defenders is that we need YOUNG ones?what's replacing an old defence if you're just gonna buy older ones?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    MAn, forget Tudor in defence! Saw that mistake against ManU! That was the defence-Tudor! Lippi will only field him as a mid! Its a pitty, but its true! Stam would be great, as I am a big fan of him! (I am as tall, as he is!!!!!!)
    Vargas should come too, and Zaccardo the same! Tudor also doesn't want to play in defence! I am sure!

By the way.......why don't we put Thuram in the middle, and partner him with a young french def like Gillet, Givet or Boumsong! Would be cheaper!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)