Moggi launches Galliani broadside (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Nicolas Anelka has slammed his omission from France's World Cup squad, claiming he has been unfairly treated.

The Fenerbahce striker had hoped to get the nod to travel to Germany after playing in some of France's warm-up games, but was ultimately snubbed by coach Raymond Domenech.

Anelka has tasted bitter disappointment before in missing major international tournaments and again, this time, he feels other factors than ability have played their part in Domenech's thinking.

The former Arsenal and Manchester City front-man, never shy to voice his grievances, has delivered a typically withered riposte in the direction of his coach by declaring he will not be watching the World Cup.

''I won't watch the World Cup,'' he told Le Journal du Dimanche. ''I have not been judged on my sporting qualities.

''I feel Domenech called back hoping for a poor performance (against Costa Rica).

''Unfortunately for him, I scored. It looks as though from the start he decided against calling me for the World Cup.

''I think I deserved a place in the team. Why did he call me back to reach that decision?

''As usual, I have not been judged on my sporting qualities.''

Source: Channel4

Buy on AliExpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)