Moggi and co. not serious about winning anything !!!! (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
The transfer window has come and gone. We have no new defender(s), when its painfully obvious that our squad has problems.

I dont think Moggi & company are serious about any silverware this season.

What do you think ????

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
It is only for the fact that I can't picture Moggi saying "Let's not win anything this season" that I disagree with you but the moves they made (or rather: lack thereof) are questionable to say the least.

Nevertheless though, we hardly ever buy players in January. There's something to be said for that as it takes players a while to get used to a new club and you can't be sure they'll be of any use in the remainder of the title race but personally, I would have acquired a defender. Either through purchase or loan.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I wonder why Moggi didnt buy any defender(s) in January.
We really need a defender(s). Receiving 21 goals for a team like Juve i think its too much:(

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
I fear that Moggi has lost his touch... I do hope he'll prove me wrong in the summer transfer window...
I'm sure, he will ... I think it demands a lot of greenness and luck to buy/loan someone in january and hope that he'll be the solution of current problems. it'll be better to refresh the team in summertime and having a good preparation

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
c'mon guys , ofcoarse he is serious and he wants to win everythin , didn't u c against Chievo how our defenders were , Legro , thuram , zambo , they all played well, they will improve am sure ....we r juve fans we have to support them even in the bad time , Plus : am sure that lippi KNOWS wat he is doinn, i believe in him ...he is smart enough ! anyhow we need to stop talkin bout our defenders and support them !

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Moggi has played a key to our success over the years. I trust that this man knows what he is doing. He's brought in players who have contributed to our success. If he sees it otherwise, he would not see the need to purchase more.

I honestly feel that the addition of new defenders will cause unrest in some of our current defenders such as Pessotto & Tudor.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I imagine that to get someone really good you have to think things over and reconsider your options and then the negotiations step in. That takes time and in January things are mostly done quickly. Not to mention that the club who's player you want to buy can put on a higher price tag on the player since the clubs that buy in January are mostly in some kind of hurry and wouldn't want to b!tch around the price for too long.

Last year we had problems with forwards (this year defenders) but that didn't stop us or do I have to remember you guys what we reached last season?

Well get him or them in summer :)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
Moggi has played a key to our success over the years. I trust that this man knows what he is doing. He's brought in players who have contributed to our success. If he sees it otherwise, he would not see the need to purchase more.
:thumb:

moggi has also sed that he wants to balance the paycheck.....god knows how many players are still on our payroll, all those loaned out players. we must take into account our financial situation as well. we cant just buy...and buy w/o taking into consideration our money in the bank. i dont want juve to end up like barca or roma...or have to result to "save the calcio" thing like milan, inter etc.....

but i believe that in the summer, moggi will make some signings.....i also do believe that he's negotiating something even as we speak ;)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I'm glad that we didn't get any new players..

IMO, that will cause disorder in the team.. specially in the defence.. and undrperforming defenders will lose their confedence in themselves and play worse than they already played.. but, keeping things as it is and re-trusting our current defenders will do more help to us than buying new defenders.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
we needed defenders, imo, but he must know somethng that we dont. personally, i dont see us winning any silverware and by not buying anyone, i do believe that moggi may have given in and is going to take a risk with our current nonno's in defence.

i'm just hoping that by us not getting anyone this january, it means moggi has others lined up for june. Ferrari and Bonera are apparently certain players to join...wouldnt mind adding Mexes to that list also.

Aug 1, 2003
Moggi confuses me. There have been good buys, there have been bad ones. And of course, I tend to remember the bad ones more :D

But, to 'save' the team in January was probably too late to guarantee a trophy or trophies this year for Juventus, as probably we could only correct things with our current team. Moggi, Lippi and Buffon himself have stated that all the team needs is a bit of focusing, and things will work out well. It certainly did against Chievo, but God knows if Juve will continue with this.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
I'm glad that we didn't get any new players..

IMO, that will cause disorder in the team.. specially in the defence.. and undrperforming defenders will lose their confedence in themselves and play worse than they already played.. but, keeping things as it is and re-trusting our current defenders will do more help to us than buying new defenders.
If the manager does his job right, that doesn't happen. Alex Ferguson has occasionally brought in one big player to revitalise his team in January, and gone on to do very well. I think he bought Dwight Yorke the year they won the treble.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I guess this part of the season needs mental toughness more than nething else. And the only possible explanation to Moggi not getting ne new reinforcements, is that Lippi probably decided that he can make do with this defense. And i think Lippi standing by his men has given them a morale boost. Which could work wonders for their performance, when it matters most.

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    Watching these guys game by game, I see no improvement.

The defense is inept, and we'll pay for both their and Moggi's mistakes

Jul 28, 2002
    i agree with vin, they are not improoving, yes we didnt conced a goal against chievo, but we conced two at home to inter, and both times the defense looked shakey.

Last year it ws widely recognised that our defens needed serious rejuvanation, with more than one defender needed, but it didnt happen.

So, were buggered.

Sep 14, 2003
    We can't make the mistake of assumimg that the defensive problems have gone away with the clean shhet against Chievo, we all know they haven't. We'll have to continue to rely upon our attck to get us out of this mess for this season.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    If Montero and/or Iuliano are wearing first team shirts on a consistent basis, this team is in a world of trouble.

Problem is, there's no one else to replace them. If tudor wasn't so injury-prone, then you may have an option. But after that, you have Ferrara, who only looks like a shell of the player he was last year, or you move thuram to CB, but then weaken yourself considerably on the Right.

Whether or not it is in Juve's "tradition" to not buy any players during January is not the issue. The issue is that this defense hasn't looked this shaky in years, and somethin needed to be done, if only to scare the current players and to get them to wake up and get in gear.

However, mental toughness only gets you so far if you don't have the talent.

Aug 1, 2003
    there's nothing else we can do. the transfer period is over. OVER. no use bragging about it, what's done is done. might as well just give our 100% support to our defense to lift them up.

personally, I say this because I'm quite upset we didn't get anyone and I'm trying to console myself. Oh well, its worth a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)